Ombré nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry what are CND additives?

x

I find sponging just soaks up too much product.

CND is a brand, surely you've heard of shellac?
Additives are a product made by CND that are a highly pigmented powder sometimes glittery or shimmery.

I find sponging just soaks up too much product.

CND is a brand, surely you've heard of shellac?
Additives are a product made by CND that are a highly pigmented powder sometimes glittery or shimmery.

Ohh right. Yeah I know CND but have never heard of the additives before, I'm a student and have trained with IBD so don't know too much about other brands at the moment.

This might be completely wrong, but my nail tech tutor told me you can use Barry M Dazzle Dust pots for nail art, could you use them for somethig like this and just seal it with a top coat?

Ohh right. Yeah I know CND but have never heard of the additives before, I'm a student and have trained with IBD so don't know too much about other brands at the moment.

This might be completely wrong, but my nail tech tutor told me you can use Barry M Dazzle Dust pots for nail art, could you use them for somethig like this and just seal it with a top coat?

Yeah I've got a few of the Barry m pots and they work fine, although I haven't seen many colours recently :(

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1398599215221.jpg
    1398599215221.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 864
Cant seem to get the fade in right no mater how i try... using a dry brush with pigments and tricks or tips.to blend any better esp darker onto lighter like purple into white???

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1399761078163.jpg
    1399761078163.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 852
I've done mine with blue into white, i just used nail polish and a sponge ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399780234.782611.jpg

I did these with gel polish and then a pigment brushed on and up. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399792550.235281.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399792567.285134.jpg

Can someone tell me how you get the blend using the additives? I've seen the sponging technique with polish but the colours I want to use are with the additives ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401042397.354650.jpg I am hoping to get a look similar to this 🙏 any help would be greatly appreciated 😊

I use the CND additives. Once the 2 layers of colour are done use a dry hard brush to dab a little of the additive into the sticky layer then seal with the clear. I think you can sponge with gel polish. Watched a vid on YouTube of the fingernail fixer before and it looks so easy but I've never been able to Master it!!!

Sorry can I just clarify what you mean... You paint the stripes of colour you want onto the nails using the additives, then, with a dry brush you blend them into each other? Does the sponge
Method not work with additives???? Thankyou for your help :)

Has anyone tried with acrylic?
I think I sux but want to get it right this is my French ombré.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401299436.296147.jpg

Beauty at your finger tips!

This is the closest I've got to doing an ombré with acrylic. But I don't get to use acrylic much and I'm still quite a newbie with it.
In the hands of someone more practiced than me I think it could be blended a lot more smoothly.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401299942.628459.jpg

The photos on here are fab, you are a very talented lot :)

I've not used the sponge method but when I've tried to do it with mica powders on gel polish, it ends up looking quite patchy after brushing it on :sad:

I'll just have to keep on practising and hope they end up like yours!

Sorry what are CND additives?

x

Gel Nails | Gel Polish | Nail Gel | CND | CND
I use additives and it's super easy. Just make sure you burnish (rub) the pigment into the tacky layer so it's nice and smooth. Also make sure that your top coat completely covers the whole nail. If it doesn't, the liquid that you use to remove the tacky layer will find the slightest little open spot, seep in and remove the colour.
Search youtube for ombre, gradient and pigment with shellac

Attachments

• IMG_9284.JPG
    IMG_9284.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 733
  • blue gradient.jpg
    blue gradient.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 728
emma1701, what additive did you use for the middle picture, the the purple one on the black.xx

Just received my additives. I can't wait to have a play. 👏👏👏👏👏
This is what I'm hoping for, I'll post a split screen showing my efforts. Wish me luck 😬🙈ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401471659.641510.jpg

I use CND additives, they give a really good colour fade, and look spectacular if you add the tiniest smidgen of sparkle.

As an alternative this is a glitter ombré I did.... ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401655308.404397.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I may be wrong.....please don't shoot me down if I am!
Are mica powders and additives along the same lines? Could you use mica powers the same as additives? Thanks in advance :)

Can anyone recommend a nice blue additive/powder. I want a mid blue. Like the colour of the send button when you are replying to a thread on here lol. Thanks :)

I may be wrong.....please don't shoot me down if I am!
Are mica powders and additives along the same lines? Could you use mica powers the same as additives? Thanks in advance :)

I use the mica powders, I get mine from The Colour Shack on ebay :)

Latest posts

Back