Ombre help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charleneweeooo

Reaction score
Repeated question alert!!

Sorry guys but I haven't been on here for months since I started my level 3 in college and having a hard time finding what I'm looking for by searching the forum.

Basically I go on the floor and have my first client this Monday (eeek) who is looking for an ombre. I havent had a full consultation with her yet as it was a fellow stylist who took appointment by phone call today and never took much info from her. From what she has explained, she is looking for her ends to be lightened and her roots done and midlengths freshened up. Now I've had plenty practises with ombres/balayages so I'm fine with the ends but its because I'll be having to do her roots and mid lengths that I'm wondering. Choosing colours I am fine with, its the technique and sequence of application I'm looking for advice on. My thinking is to get her regrowth colour on, then lighten the ends, and then maybe drag her roots down to the bleach and feather/rub until it meets? But my only issue with doing the midlengths at the end is maybe the hair would be a bit tangled an hard to section if the bleach is on the ends already?
Sorry for the long winded post and hope I've made sense! x

Do root & mid first then the ends, you can blend easier into the mid colour then, good luck :)

Easiest way to do it would be to do roots and mid lengths and then go on to lighten the ends , that's the way I do all mine and I just let the root colours process whilst I'm doing the ends and it's not hard to section and stuff because it's just tint xx

Thanks guys! I'm probably over thinking it. Was just scared to take the darker colour down first incase I do the ends after and decide I want to take it higher and can't because the tints on already. But I'm sure I'll be fine! Xx

A decent bleach would eat through the tint anyway :)

A decent bleach would eat through the tint anyway :)

My employer is very much a 'price over quality' kind of guy when picking products so decent is something that it will not likely be :eek: lord help me!!

My employer is very much a 'price over quality' kind of guy when picking products so decent is something that it will not likely be :eek: lord help me!!
Lol What bleach do u have?

Lol What bleach do u have?

Most times he uses Osmo ikon stuff but for the last few weeks we've had a big tub of Montespa :confused: Smells like cement

Omg I've never even heared of that lol!

Latest posts

Back