Ombre-how to colour hair roots?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the only way you know how to respond to something you don't like hearing thaigo. We're just concerned that someone might sue you for damages.

And thanks I'm. very careful with what I'm doing I wouldn't Risk a client or friend that's why I haven't used relaxer and things like that...

These forums are a great way to leArn and pick up tips and chat to others in the industry . I Just find it worrying that it is seemed a learning tool to some far too much. All criticism should be taken, and learned from, this is how we learn, I am themost critical person of my work, you have to be to grow and strive to be a better stylist, which can only come ith time and experience. If not why bother training and working hard, And making a success of yourself when Any Person can ask a question on a forum and go do someones hair!! Criticism or concern isn't necessarily an insult and a mature peron should know this. Hence my initial concern!

It's just frustrating to watch when you are offered so much advice by some really skilled hair professionals and you choose to go ahead without listening and to be honest it scare the s*** out of me the stuff you do. I have been a hairdresser for years and only the summer past I had an encounter with bleach that caused me to have to cut off all my hair. I followed manufacturers instructions like a bible and it just went wrong. I was lucky enough that it only happened to my hair and not a client.be respectful to your peers or you may find that you don't get the answers you were having before.

It's just frustrating to watch when you are offered so much advice by some really skilled hair professionals and you choose to go ahead without listening and to be honest it scare the s*** out of me the stuff you do. I have been a hairdresser for years and only the summer past I had an encounter with bleach that caused me to have to cut off all my hair. I followed manufacturers instructions like a bible and it just went wrong. I was lucky enough that it only happened to my hair and not a client.be respectful to your peers or you may find that you don't get the answers you were having before.

See even you have been hairdresser for years and something went wrong but when a student do 1 thing wrong there's millions of people to say things... I have been doing everything like highlights cut colour and everything notnjng ever went wrong and all my clings love it they always have came back to me so that makes me happy but sometime I find myself like hmmm I need some help so Im not shy to ask if someone want help ok good if not i can't force them right.

These forums are a great way to leArn and pick up tips and chat to others in the industry . I Just find it worrying that it is seemed a learning tool to some far too much. All criticism should be taken, and learned from, this is how we learn, I am themost critical person of my work, you have to be to grow and strive to be a better stylist, which can only come ith time and experience. If not why bother training and working hard, And making a success of yourself when Any Person can ask a question on a forum and go do someones hair!! Criticism or concern isn't necessarily an insult and a mature peron should know this. Hence my initial concern!

Yes but not a place that u can go posting on people post and just start being rude like that. I don't really care but u should be more careful as some people aren't confident thank god I'm very people call me big head lol but if u had said that to one of my class mate she would quit college for real some people aren't confident at all... Lol

See even you have been hairdresser for years and something went wrong but when a student do 1 thing wrong there's millions of people to say things... I have been doing everything like highlights cut colour and everything notnjng ever went wrong and all my clings love it they always have came back to me so that makes me happy but sometime I find myself like hmmm I need some help so Im not shy to ask if someone want help ok good if not i can't force them right.

Why when I read this did I hear ricardo's voice...from The salon on channel 4 kinda like Nadia from big brother!

It's the confidence. I'm done x

Why when I read this did I hear ricardo's voice...from The salon on channel 4 kinda like Nadia from big brother!

Lol thats rude haha

Yes but not a place that u can go posting on people post and just start being rude like that. I don't really care but u should be more careful as some people aren't confident thank god I'm very people call me big head lol but if u had said that to one of my class mate she would quit college for real some people aren't confident at all... Lol

Confidence goes a long way in this industry but not nearly as far as knowledge and appropriate behaviour/ attitude.

Confidence goes a long way in this industry but not nearly as far as knowledge and appropriate behaviour/ attitude.

Agree and I think a real professional wouldn't have said what u did or what I did neither
But I'm still a student lol

Exactly. That's why I said be humble. "Cockiness" will only get a foot in the mouth.

I would have no idea how to do ombré, I haven't had anyone ask me to do it yet! X

Coz i put the colour on and it was so red I thought it would be that red. So I told her I'm going to Sally's and I will be back and When I came back the colour was amazing. Anyway I have a problem I used on the ends color touch 9/1 with a bit of 0/88

And I don't really like it ;( she likes it but I wanted it another colour as I'm not charging her just the tints I will do it again tomorrow I will try to remove the tone with bleach and water I hope it works and apply koleston. 10/8.... I used the 9/1 ct on someone looked so nice I thought I'd use on her but its nice just not what I wanted.. ;)

I don't think you necessarily needed to strand test the hair because it went green at the ends. I'd guess it was because you put 0/88 in with the 9/1?? I'd bleach bath the ends then think about toning.

I don't think you necessarily needed to strand test the hair because it went green at the ends. I'd guess it was because you put 0/88 in with the 9/1?? I'd bleach bath the ends then think about toning.
But I only used 0/88 because my teacher told me to I always asked at college before doing things not like most of the geeks think I go ahead and do whatever but anyway that's why I used it. Ok I will do that and then tone it ;). Thankss

I would have no idea how to do ombré, I haven't had anyone ask me to do it yet! X
me neither, well apart from my model head but she didn't exactly ask lol xxx

me neither, well apart from my model head but she didn't exactly ask lol xxx

We don't learn those things at college lol and when I try to learn myself on friends people say I shouldn't guess I should never learn it then lol.

But I only used 0/88 because my teacher told me to I always asked at college before doing things not like most of the geeks think I go ahead and do whatever but anyway that's why I used it. Ok I will do that and then tone it ;). Thankss

Is this the same teacher who would use peroxide in their conditioner..? Lol x

And thanks I'm. very careful with what I'm doing I wouldn't Risk a client or friend that's why I haven't used relaxer and things like that...

you put a client at risk when you left her with a colour developing, whilst you took a bus to sallys, in case the colour that was developing didnt turn out ok.....just saying!

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back