OMG Attempted Break In

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louie6

Reaction score
:(OMG This is only my second ever post, and instead of me posting about how my training is going,I can't believe I'm posting this instead:Scared:
Someone tried to break into my house tonight while I was here, my husband left to go in on his night shift and I was all settled down with my nice cup of tea at 8pm, just about to light up my ciggie, when I heard my side gate go, which is a very distinctive sound, like a squealy grinding noise, as I was putting down my cup of tea, I heard the door handle of my conservatory being rattled, so I went to go towards my conservatory,where the cats were all staring out the window and growling, I could see a bloke/teenager, waring a bright green hoodie, at my conservatory window, with his arm up and holding something getting ready to smash my window in.

Obviously he saw me and ran around the side of my house, I ran to my front wndow, where I saw him going up my drive, he shouted to another bloke, who was running across the road, ''quick,go someones in'' they then legged it up the lane opposite my house, in a panic I went outside to make sure there was no-one else around the side of my house, I now a stupid thing to do!! I rang my mum, and my dad came over immediately, but I was in pieces, my dad then went off to see if he could find them, I then phone my husband in work, who told me to phone the effing police, which I did and they were brill, two c.i.d officers turned up,took my statement and gave me their mobile numbers in case, as I'm here on my own all night. Although they don't think they will return again, oh god I hope not:Scared: I'm a freaking nervous wreck just thinking about it, it's the shock to be home mid evening, light out, not dusk and they bloody effing cheek of it, for gods sake, what could they possibly try to steal in the mid evening and hope to get away with:mad: I'm annoyed, shook up, teary and afraid to admit but hating being on my own right now, and I don't want to go to bed, I've left my living room light on in case:wink2: As if that would fool them lol Anyways sorry for such a long post, hopefully I've not bored you all, I'm just off to cry in a corner for a bit:rolleyes:

cheeky little feckers! I say u booby trap the house home alone style! but obviously tell you husband and they have to be pet friendly :wink2: lol
I hope the polis catch them, they'll prob be at some other poor souls house t nyt I bet!
Dont think they'll come back I'm sure I saw on Tv if they've been rumbled they dont come back fingers crossed!
I stay on my own most of the time boyfriends in the navy, I have 3 locks on door and a big metal pole at the side just in case :biggrin: and I live in a flat with secuirty door entry big feardie me! Stayed at his flat down redditch and my god I was paranoid as fook! put the washing basket infront of door........dunno what I thought that was gonna do lol xx

Thank you Sarah, you made me lol
Good thinking, booby traps, know in me, I'd catch myself in them though lol
Yes I'm that dizzy lol In all honesty I have never, ever felt nervous or wary being alone in the house, my hubby works loads of nights,but tonight has really thrown me completely, thank god for my little fur babes, and my dad and hubby coming home for a quick cuddle lol

The two c.i.d officers are going to keep an eye out for them tonight and trawl the street, stupid feck couldn't get more conspicous (spelling not my strong point lol ) wearing a lime green hoodie, god I hope theyhaven't done this to someone else tonight. The likely hood of them coming back tonight is slim, me hopes, not unless they really are that fecking thick lol

Omg soooo scary ! I've been mugged before and know the sheer feeling of fear & shock you must be feeling ! Awful Hun feel for you ;( but look on the bright side they didn't get owt and didn't try to still break in having seen u which still happens a lot , can u get anyone to come stay with u overnight? Xx

So bad was inafrica and had a knife pressed in my back for a bloody mobile phone, cried for days ! Evil people out there Hun :Scared:

Bella Mia, that is so awful:mad: There really are some nasty people out there,
I wanted to say thanks girls for your lovely posts:biggrin: Feeling a bit better now, although still a bit anxious in the nights when hubby goes off to work, but obviously it will take time, everyones been great, mum and dad especially, coming up at all hours to make sure that all is well, and like all parents bringing food to make me feel better:biggrin: And making cups of tea, even the two c.i.d officers have called back in to check on me,knowing I'm here alone, which I thought was a really nice thing to do. My dad is coming up tomorrow to cut back some of the trees out front so that I can see out more onto the road and people can see there are lights on, and he's going to adjust my security lighting, unfortunately my alarm can not be re-installed as it's had to be disconnected due to my huuby frazzling the board when he blew the electrics but I think with all the other little things that my Dad is doing then that will improve things. The little sh**ts though broke into a house opposite the other night and nicked all the copper tubing from the house:rolleyes: Junkies looking for a fix:rolleyes: Luckily I recognized them, it was his lime green hoodie that the stupid feck was wearing again, that kinda gave him away, so one call to 999, I'm not sure if they got them, but at least now everyone knows to look for mr conspicious!!!

God you poor thing, you must have got an awful fright!!

That fella was probably only a teenager and I'd say he got the fright of his life, so he won't come back.

I always remember my Sister worked in a shop years ago when she was about 20 and it was in a really rough part of Dublin.

One day a guy came in and jumped over the counter and demanded that she open the till and put a knife to her neck... he was screaming at her to hurry up and open it and she said she just lost the head and screamed back at him and said "WELL IF YOU'D GET THE BLOODY KNIFE OUTTA ME NECK I MIGHT BE ABLE TO DO IT QUICKER".... she said he took the knife away from her neck... she opened the till and he was gone!!

We laughed and laughed when she told us the story as she made it all sound so comical...

About a week later it hit her and she cried non stop for the day, but she said she wasn't going to let a little SH1T like that get her down and refused to take any time off.

Don't let them get to you and don't be scared, cause they are probably more scared of us if the truth be known... :hug:

Can the police check for fingerprints or were they wearing gloves?

Angel your poor sister, that is awful:Scared: She really must have had such a horrendous fright. They were teenagers, definately I could tell just by their voices and body language, they certainly did have a fright at mine, as the police think they'd been watching the house for a couple of days,seeing my hubby leaving to go to work and expecting the house to be empty,to find me confronting the little fecks, the oplice also think they were smash and grab boys, after something to get rid of quickly for a fix:mad: They were scared enough not to come back here, but unfortunately fot the owner of the house opposite not to afraid to break in there and get the copper tubing, SJK, from what the police said they got prints but looks like their not on file:rolleyes: But they are careless boys so they will get caught and soon, I won't let them beat me or get to me, but I do wish hubby's nights would end quicker, just tonight and tomorrow left:biggrin: Then I know I'll be safe, let's just say the little sods would never have the balls to break in here with my hubby around, unfortunately he sacres little old ladies who scurry of to the other side of the street away from him,not realising he's a great big cuddle softie, (don't tell him I told you that lol) but he can certainly hold his own, I really wouldn't like to be them if they attempted it while he was here:twisted:

My husband used to travel a lot and we lived abroad. So I was often alone with 2 young children, but I never worried, most of the time I didn't even lock my front door. No I wasn't hoping to meet the mad rapist, I had a big German Shepard, my hubby bought him for me when he was 9 weeks old, he was a bundle of fluffy black fur with brown legs, we called him Rex and by the time he was 5 months old he had the deepest booming bark I'd ever heard, he'd sound of if anyone came to the door, went near the garage or came near the back gate.
He was devoted to my kids and totally bullied by my cat.
Rex was actually a very friendly dog, which is what I wanted, I didn't want a psychopath that stopped my kids from having friends come to play.
I wanted something that would make any stranger think twice and then go elsewhere.
Get a dog with a big bark, strangers think about the big teeth and leave you alone.
Better then a dead bolt any day for making you feel safe.

LOL Susie, I'm the one terrified of big dogs:biggrin: Although the cats did do a pretty good attempt of trying to scare him away themselves, the 9 were out the conservatory howling and growling, and Dinky my youngest ginger tom, spike himself up so huge that even I was a bit taken aback by him,and gingerly stroked him,but he was still growling like mad:biggrin: And ozzy who weighs 17lbs, he's naturally big all over, was standing at the window where this bloke was,teeth bared,haunches lowered,ears flat and hissing at him,I dare say that he might have launched an attack, and we don't clip his claws either,as he's way to big to handle and not get hurt,so if he'd had a chance I bet he could have done a wee bit of damaged, Dinky and Ozzy growled at the police, and they backed off sharpish:wink2:

LOL Susie, I'm the one terrified of big dogs:biggrin: Although the cats did do a pretty good attempt of trying to scare him away themselves, the 9 were out the conservatory howling and growling, and Dinky my youngest ginger tom, spike himself up so huge that even I was a bit taken aback by him,and gingerly stroked him,but he was still growling like mad:biggrin: And ozzy who weighs 17lbs, he's naturally big all over, was standing at the window where this bloke was,teeth bared,haunches lowered,ears flat and hissing at him,I dare say that he might have launched an attack, and we don't clip his claws either,as he's way to big to handle and not get hurt,so if he'd had a chance I bet he could have done a wee bit of damaged, Dinky and Ozzy growled at the police, and they backed off sharpish:wink2:
That's why you get a puppy lol, by the time it grows up, it thinks you are mum and you think of it as your fur baby.
That said I have a yorkshire terrier these days and my cat out ways my dog, something my vet finds very funny when I take them for their annual check up.
Fray cat might be big and a hunter:rolleyes: but the moment someone comes to the house he hides behind the telly:biggrin:

LOL Susie I've got this mental image of your cat hiding behind the t.v shaking with your yorkie barking and snarling at an intruder lol

I can imagine a wee german shep pup growing to love cat food and the cats ruling the roost, and the dog thinking he was a cat lol
The cats were all in the window now when I got home watching to see who was coming down the drive:wink2: Dads given me the tree loppers to do a bit of tree pruning hopefully the weather will turn nice to do it tomorrow:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back