Omg have you seen that 10 minute lightener ad with Claudia Schiffer!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Corr girls I was just having my breakfast and was laughing so much I nearly choked!

I'm a beauty therapist so have no idea about hair and have to say I having been going to my hairdresser for the last 15 years who I trust absolutely. It was her who told me to ditch the 'high street designer' shampoos and I now use Kerestaise I think that's how you spell it. I use the shampoo conditioner and thermal heat protector and my hair's condition has improved so much. I am always gobsmacked when people just put any old rubbish on their hair and expect to look like a million dollars (perhaps they want to look green and crumpled) Great thread though!:biggrin:

I know - obviously not a hair-messer either but have enjoyed sparring with the pros here and listening to their professional opinions. I use Eufora from the States - 85% aloe and amazing for both hair and scalp (it is professional BTW)! ;)

Also jolly pleased to see loreal advertising inoa on the site banners!!!

I wasn't gonna upset Minky by telling her that Beverly Cobella has sold her soul to the devil that is head and shoulders!

Bet they don't use that crud in Cobella aqua tho!

Would you like some slime on your hair today modom? heh heh

Tee hee I wonder what she would at the backwash if they actually got out the bloo goo slimy stuff to wash her bonce with .... and without the conditioner too ?

I mean how many professional hairdressers would bring out that gunk or even have it on display in their professional salons ?? :eek:

also have you noticed how it it says 8 out of 10
hairdressers approve it :eek: what ?? !!!!!! I would laugh my socks off ......
those other 2 out of the 10 must be very wise hairdressers then or perhaps selling Pantene ? lol ,

I will bet they only asked 10 hairdressers and 8 were on the bloo goo payroll :lol: :lol:

Also jolly pleased to see loreal advertising inoa on the site banners!!!

Well that's rather refreshing I will keep a look out for it :) thanks

After I read this thread, I used Head & Shoulders for the first time to fade my colour a bit- it did, but it's also GIVEN me a flaky scalp!
It also suds beyond belief- maybe due to whatever industrial-strength paint stipper is in it :suprised:

I'm glad I didn't buy it thinking "Ooh my hair will be gorgeous after this!".

i hate the stuff!!! i went into my grans bathroom and it was there i actually took it with me and went back and switched it with a tigi tween!!! i cudnt bare the thought of that stuff polluting the old dears hair and scalp hahaha x

i was on a trial in a salon as a junior and they told me to go to boots and get herbal essences and they put it in a salon bottle. thank god i never got the job haha!

surely this should come under trades description act? it really bugs me that cheryl cole is trying to convince me that she goes round asda, sees elvive and said oh ill give that a bash....wow my hair feels great maybe ill call them up and offer to advertise it for them cos i love it so much????

this is one of my biggest bug bears...but as you say with the colour ones it gives us more work in the long run!!!!!

i can here it now..."ive got orange roots and black ends...i dont know how that happened..."

Lol I'm not a hairdressers but had to laugh at your comment they shouldn't be aloud to do it. X

When it comes to crappy shampoo i always ask to my clients would you buy a farrari and wash it in washing up liquid the answer is always no and i say well washing your hair in heand and shoulders is even worse! They never listen though and then say things like ohh my hair always feels so soft anf lovely when ive been here im like yeah I WONDER WHY?!? Argh and dont get me started on box colours...the celeb hairdressers should be ashamed. Or maybe its their con to get the colour corrections flooding in.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Also how are we supposed to put forward a professional argument when there are statistics such as 8 out of 10 hairdressers agree etc! People always believe what they want to believe. And the opinion of some mega successful celeb hairdresser tends to be the one they want to go for :/

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back