OMG - you haven't lived until you've . .

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Collin, I am thrilled for your input thank you - may I ask what percentage of your male clients opt for the nose wax treatment?

I tried several of my virgin man-wax friends and they all thought it would be really painful, stating that they'd never have it done. I'd be very grateful of the feedback from the existing successful practitioners.

Cheers, Jason.

Hi Jason,
to be quiet honest there is,relatively speaking, only a minority of both male and female clients that opt for this treatment...simply because it hasn't as yet really been marketed .

With therapist awareness now growing this is a procedure which is becoming more and more available to menu's and will undoubtedly further increase in popularity.

From a therapist perspective this offers a good revenue stream (from a cost to generated revenue perspective)

It is a procedure that is relatively simplistic to master (with appropriate instruction/training of course),easy to sell as an add on treatment and one that offers a sense of cleanliness to the recipricant...it simply feels so clean and represents good value for money.

In terms of pain barriers from the clients perspective..well we are all different however from personnel experience,and from experience with others this procedure sure beats the hell out of tweezing singular hairs ( particularly for us older guy's)which brings tears to the eyes...I think we simply don't have the same pain threshold as females do :hug:

How did your "virgin" male customers ultimately feel about the procedure and the post treatment outcome...did they feel it was worth going through that "male" pain barrier...did they feel that the means/cost justified the end result..would they have it done again??

Hello,
Would just like to say that I wax my husbands nose hairs, and he loves it!! He thought it would be unbearable, but there has been no probs what so ever and he keeps coming back for more!!! He felt that the nose trimmers were a pain and constant where as he can get away with a whole month with waxing them. He wasn't keen when I did his legs and mankini (he, he) thought he was going to pass out!! But not even a flinch with the nose hairs!! I definately think that it is a great service for men (and women with same prob). Off with the nose hairs I say!! LOL!!:lol:

Hello,
Would just like to say that I wax my husbands nose hairs, and he loves it!! He thought it would be unbearable, but there has been no probs what so ever and he keeps coming back for more!!! He felt that the nose trimmers were a pain and constant where as he can get away with a whole month with waxing them. He wasn't keen when I did his legs and mankini (he, he) thought he was going to pass out!! But not even a flinch with the nose hairs!! I definately think that it is a great service for men (and women with same prob). Off with the nose hairs I say!! LOL!!:lol:

yey way you go....it's amazing how less painful having all them little blighter's yanked out in one go is compared to tweezing the buggers individually :eek:.

As we get older (I can vouch for that :eek:)the more and more the little blighter's want to shoot out of each and every orifice possible and at twice the rate then when we were younger.

This treatment offers a quick and painless (relatively speaking) solution to this problem..and feels wonderful after :hug:

yey way you go....it's amazing how less painful having all them little blighter's yanked out in one go is compared to tweezing the buggers individually :eek:.

As we get older (I can vouch for that :eek:)the more and more the little blighter's want to shoot out of each and every orifice possible and at twice the rate then when we were younger.

This treatment offers a quick and painless (relatively speaking) solution to this problem..and feels wonderful after :hug:

I think in a womans case its caused by ingrowing eyebrows...Where do they go when you get older:)either out your nose or out your chin.

Where do they go when you get older:)either out your nose or out your chin.

And a good few other places that spring to mind :lol::lol:

I remember looking at my good old dad when I was younger and noticing that the eyebrows were beginning to make him look a bit like a Dennis Healey look alike.....trouble is now when I look in the mirror....its beginning to happen to me :eek:

..the little buggers are sprouting wings :eek::lol::lol:

must say though i agree with Kim on this one only if you are an accredited and qualified teacher and qualified waxer in the subject should you offer advice however just because you got someone to write your manual and got them to accredit it does not mean that you hold the accreditation it is the knowledge from being a qualified teacher that give one the right to offer advice

must say though i agree with Kim on this one only if you are an accredited and qualified teacher and qualified waxer in the subject should you offer advice however just because you got someone to write your manual and got them to accredit it does not mean that you hold the accreditation it is the knowledge from being a qualified teacher that give one the right to offer advice

Couldnt agree more...."you can only preach what you practice" :wink2:

Hi Jason

I find that the majority of my male clients opt to have ther nose (and Ear) hairs removed, once I offer it to them. Most have never contemplated it, or ever heard of it, or indeed thought it possible. However, all, without exception are very pleased and surprised with the results, and the majority come back for more.

The technique which Colin describes with the v shape strip etc, it the one I use, and it really is quick and easy, and a good add on to other treatments etc.

Terry

I agree Terry. I often offer a nose wax for free with their waxing and they always keep it on their waxing list for future visits.

I prefer to use a tissue instead of a strip as it's more bendy and comfortable. xxx

Cheers!

I'm feeling all 'gushy' this morning and rather overwhelmed at all the nice people in this forum.
How could any newbie survive without you all ? ?

hug, Jason.

Cheers!

I'm feeling all 'gushy' this morning and rather overwhelmed at all the nice people in this forum.
How could any newbie survive without you all ? ?

hug, Jason.

Don't you go gushing to much this morning Jason :hug: