On scalp bleach

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulette

Reaction score
Hi all
Can anyone recommend any blue based bleaches that all multi purpose I.e foiling and for use on scalp also. Cheers

Hi all
Can anyone recommend any blue based bleaches that all multi purpose I.e foiling and for use on scalp also. Cheers

hi i love joico bleach its amazing never fails i use it for bleach bath ,foils,roots everything x

hi i love joico bleach its amazing never fails i use it for bleach bath ,foils,roots everything x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1413641042.329812.jpg

TIGI Copyright Colour True Light powder bleach which can be used on or off scalp.
It's the only one I use now.

I didn't know you can now use the Joico powder bleach on scalp? That's new then.

TIGI Copyright Colour True Light powder bleach which can be used on or off scalp.
It's the only one I use now.

I didn't know you can now use the Joico powder bleach on scalp? That's new then.

I'm debating in trying that one. Heard so many good reviews about it. What other bleaches have you used and how do you rate them in comparison to TIGI?

Matrix Light Master can be used on and off the scalp

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've used Goldwell at college (not a fan),
Matrix (can't remember name) , Wella Blondor, Affinage ice creme. All ok.
Cheap Sallys stuff when starting out (!)

Really like the TIGI bleach. It just seems to lift cleanly with no irritation.

Plus point is I can buy it from the wholesalers in Cork.
Apart from L'Oreal & Wella, there aren't many brands I'm familiar with over here.
Alfaparf and Montibelo both seem quite popular. Plus Colorissimo and Keune. Haven't tried them.

Last edited:
I've used Goldwell at college (not a fan),
Matrix (can't remember name) , Wella Blondor, Affinage ice creme. All ok.
Cheap Sallys stuff when starting out (!)

Really like the TIGI bleach. It just seems to lift cleanly with no irritation.

Plus point is I can buy it from the wholesalers in Cork.
Apart from L'Oreal & Wella, there aren't many brands I'm familiar with over here.
Alfaparf and Monibelo both seem quite popular. Plus Colorissimo and Keune. Haven't tried them.

Thank you! Did you like blondor?

Blondor. It was ok but I wasn't exactly bowled over. I've dabbled with Wella but probably need to do a Masters course or similar to get the best from it.

I did a lot of Matrix training and liked it initially but then it seemed to be re formulated and grey coverage was not so great plus I really hated the newer oil based range, Colorinsider. Such a faff!

Working mobile you're not tied to a brand but you are dependant on what local wholesalers stock.

Oh, I forgot, in the Salon I worked in we used Joico & Fudge. They were good but I became allergic to Fudge tint. I did like the Joico range as a whole but I remember that the powder bleach was definitely off scalp only. Perhaps it's been re formulated?

Blondor is nice, when I did compatative tests on coloured I found that it lifted slower and warmer to two other lighteners. But I think its good to have a range of diffent lighters depending on what you want to achieve.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Blondor. It was ok but I wasn't exactly bowled over. I've dabbled with Wella but probably need to do a Masters course or similar to get the best from it.

I did a lot of Matrix training and liked it initially but then it seemed to be re formulated and grey coverage was not so great plus I really hated the newer oil based range, Colorinsider. Such a faff!

Working mobile you're not tied to a brand but you are dependant on what local wholesalers stock.

Oh, I forgot, in the Salon I worked in we used Joico & Fudge. They were good but I became allergic to Fudge tint. I did like the Joico range as a whole but I remember that the powder bleach was definitely off scalp only. Perhaps it's been re formulated?

Although I'm such a hardcore wella used im not fond of the blondor powder😔 love the cream though! It lifts so clean! I've used schwarzkopf blondme in the past and liked the lifting power it had!

Blondor is nice, when I did compatative tests on coloured I found that it lifted slower and warmer to two other lighteners. But I think its good to have a range of diffent lighters depending on what you want to achieve.

What were the bleaches used if you don't mind me asking and which had the cleanest lift?

I sometimes think the powerful lifters can look too bright! Almost see through!

I agree with adam you need a variety- I don't like obvious looking bleach if that makes sense.

What were the bleaches used if you don't mind me asking and which had the cleanest lift?

Sure I think I used infinite platine, and platinium and effasor I tried lifting swatches tinted black with diffent volumes from 20 to 60. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying it isn't a good lightener, but it lifted much warmer that the others, but like I said it depends on the job you have and this is on coloured not natutal. I'll post pics next week if you want.

I sometimes think the powerful lifters can look too bright! Almost see through!

I agree with adam you need a variety- I don't like obvious looking bleach if that makes sense.

Yeah. It needs to look natural even though it's not meant to look natural:/ can't explain it😂 id tend to use blondme if I was doing an asian client. But blondor on everyone else.

L'Oreal platinum plus for in the scalp, ok for free hand to but I don't use it for highlights, prefer wella blondor

Sure I think I used infinite platine, and platinium and effasor I tried lifting swatches tinted black with diffent volumes from 20 to 60. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying it isn't a good lightener, but it lifted much warmer that the others, but like I said it depends on the job you have and this is on coloured not natutal. I'll post pics next week if you want.

Yeah that'd be great if you could thanks!

Keeping a selection of lightening products? That's where I have to disagree.

If you're mobile, you can't really afford to invest in too much stock at a time. (Storage issues too!)

That's why I really love the TIGI bleach. It works both on and off scalp so only one product required and it's a good clean lift.

Keeping a selection of lightening products? That's where I have to disagree.

If you're mobile, you can't really afford to invest in too much stock at a time. (Storage issues too!)

That's why I really love the TIGI bleach. It works both on and off scalp so only one product required and it's a good clean lift.

I agree but I feel like everyone looks for the strongest/ cleanest lighteners when if you want a warmer or softer result its good to have other options like plat. Ammonia free or majimeche, otherwise I find myself toning the hair down after over linfing.

I do a lot of gold bleach :)

Latest posts

Back