Online booking and skin tests-anyone had this problem?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dani Richie

Reaction score
So I have had online booking for ages and it's been brill, I've had lots of returning customers through it and have found a decrease in people ringing last min begging to be squeezed in on the day which has been great.. couldn't really fault it..

but the other day a lady booked on-line one evening for the following evening. she is a regular customer and so I stupidly confirmed the booking without really looking at her slot. when she arrived it turned out she had booked a cut and colour slot, rather than her usual cut. she has never had her colour done before so needed a skin ten 1st and was really upset and annoyed about having to come back another day (as you can imagine). Obviously it's my mistake for not checking, but as it was for the following day, I would have had to cancel anyway as it wouldn't have been enough time. I tried to tell her this and really apologised, but she seemed to take it really personally that I wouldn't just do the colour for her as if I was purposefully being awkward. I explained that it's standard procedure whether you're a new customer, regular or a member of my own family, but she left without making another booking. I even offered her a c&c free for the next week but she refused.

Does anyone know if there is some way of making a colour booking automatically include a skin test, or send an alert saying skin test might be needed?

I try to be organised as possible and usually online booking makes me more organised, not less, but this slip up has really knocked my confidence.

Sorry I can't help with the technical side but please don't have your confidence knocked!! I'd imagine she would be the first to complain and put a claim in should she have a reaction to the colour if you hadn't skin tested!!xx

Is there a setting on your services to be selected for a pop up message maybe?
Theres usually something in there somewhere, Ive used a couple of different ones before. Your best bet might be to either 'google' your appointment system/name andvsee if you can find it that way, or usually if you ring the company its through they can actively log in to your computer and change settings etc. for you.

Hi welshie_91 and 85fabb - thank you for your replies girls :)

Sorry I should have said I use i-Salon and they're pretty good with customer service - I just wanted to check on here whether anyone had had the same kinda thing happen before I called ... didn't want to look daft if it was a totally obvious thing I'd missed!

It's all sorted now though, will not be making that mistake again!

Just out of curiosity, who else uses on-line booking? We should have a technology thread in here I think :)

I use online booking and am loving it. I would either contact your software providers or alternatively take colour off the treatment menu so clients have to call to book.

Do you have the option of giving instructions so they know a patch test is required. We have had several clients book lash extensions or lash tints but luckily have always managed to get them in before treatments to test.

The other thing we do is a full consultation card where we note when we do a patch test. When clients are new and fill them in we ask if they may like lashes or tint in the future and if so we patch test and date it. This can sometimes help!

Vicki x

I use online booking and am loving it. I would either contact your software providers or alternatively take colour off the treatment menu so clients have to call to book.

Do you have the option of giving instructions so they know a patch test is required. We have had several clients book lash extensions or lash tints but luckily have always managed to get them in before treatments to test.

The other thing we do is a full consultation card where we note when we do a patch test. When clients are new and fill them in we ask if they may like lashes or tint in the future and if so we patch test and date it. This can sometimes help!

Vicki x

Thanks Vicki,

I use i-Salon and they have their own support page on their site thankfully (Customer support for i-salon salon management system) also did call them and they sorted me out :)

I think I will add the consultation card, that will definitely stop it happening in future. Good to have on record as well.

Even with the odd hiccup I still think management software makes life so much easier... but you also have to have little touches of the old fashioned way :)

Latest posts

Back