Online NVQ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bud

Reaction score
I've just been browsing the Designer Nails website, and clicked on their Online NVQ section - which has all the detailed course guidelines for the Level 3 Unit 19 NVQ.

The blurb from designer Nails at the beginning says "...studying for an NVQ with Designer Nails will teach you all of the syllabus elements required to pass Unit 19.
And most importantly you’ll receive lots of support and encouragement to help you on your way.
Use the navigation bar to browse the selection of elements developed to help you collect information towards your NVQ qualification."

Great:cool: ! But how do I register / sign-up to study and qualify with Designer Nails? Or have I completly misunderstood, and these course guidelines are just to help you if you are studying for this qualification elsewhere?:confused:

Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere - I have done a search, but nothing came up for online NVQ, even though the NVQ has been discussed many times before... sorry!

Thanks for any light anyone can shed on this as I'm just CONFUSED! (and still a bit hungover :green: )

Hey Laura,
I saw the same thing and thought the same thing as you!!! so you are not alone my dear! I was and still am very confused by what was said on the site so if any1 does have any info i would be interested too.

Thanks laura for bringing this up

big hugs and luv to all geeks

I wrote all the information and had it put on the web site a few years ago, to help those studying for their NVQ, to do their assignments no matter where they were doing their classes or taking their assessments.

At the time, I wanted to provide free help to students so that they wouldn't have to purchase expensive text books if they didn't have to. I also thought it would be a great help to students of the Creative Nail Academy Group of which I was head at the time. I hope this clarifies.

I know many of you have purchased Elaina Almonds book, but really it is hopelessly out of date information-wise and has been for almost 10 years ... can't think why it is still in print. If you re going to th e expense of purchasing then Marian Newmans book or the Nail Encyclopedia is your best bet and written in line with the standards.

Thanks Geeg!

... for a mo I thought I was going to be able to do an 'Open Uni'-style NVQ... much easier to fit into my schedule...!:o

Really useful tho - I've started my VTCT and am printing off the info from the website as an extra source of info - will also help when I find somewhere to do NVQ! Thanks again!

open university style nvq..now there is a good idea!!!

Gigi - Thanks for the online info. I access the site quite a lot in my studies towards my NVQ. It is extremely helpful. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back