Only a matter of time

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kerry's Nails

Reaction score
OOOOWWWWWW Finally I did it !!!!!!! :|

Slammed my finger in the till at work and not only lifted my L&P nail, it lifted my NN as well - completely off my nail bed OOWWWWW. Hurt so bad - and YES I swore a few times too.
So, when I got home - I soaked her off to see the damage- not so pretty. The bruising had already started but even worse my natural nail has lifted and takes up almost half of my nail bed. (MMmm hard to explain) - it looks like half of my nail is pink & bruised and the other is white with an upside wonky horrible smile line.
Can this be fixed in time - or will I have a deformed looking nail for ever ??? :cry:

the damage will most likely grow out.

trim the nail short to avaoid further leverage.

drop tea tree oil down the back of the lifting to prevent bacterial infection and aid healing , 1 drop 2-3 times a day.

apply cuticle oil and massage in thoroughly as many times a day as possible to promote quick and healthy new growth.

it worked for me, hope it feels a bit better soon:hug:

I did the same thing about 10 years ago, to my right thumb. It took a good 6 months to heal and reattach itself. It looks pretty good now but it's a bit crooked.

can I still put an enhancement over it - it looks hidious ?????
It doesnt hurt now - the bruising has eased.

If it's badly seperated fom the nail bed I'd leave it bare and keep it as short as possible.

If it's badly seperated fom the nail bed I'd leave it bare and keep it as short as possible.

i would too, you could use some polish on it for disguise.
you could overlay it with acrylic if the separation doesnt go too far, but you will still need to keep it very short. you must make sure there is no way it can cause the nail to be levered up again otherwise the onycholisis will spread even further.

Thanks to yu all for your advice - it is gratefully appreciated. :hug:

can I still put an enhancement over it - it looks hidious ?????
It doesnt hurt now - the bruising has eased.
boo, I wear long nails as you can see in my av...

so it happens a few times a year that I slamm one here or there and it hardly every takes my NN with it... but last Feb it did... here what it looked like... it's bloody so you've been warned

it did hurt like hell, I did swear a billion times too... and I cannot live with short nails, so I had no choice...

I dipped my finger for a few mins in a desinfectant liquid, hurts like hell too, let it dry (quite quick)

then reapplied an opaque pink L&P...
P2220261.JPG

and re did all my set...
P3220091.JPG

and the nail could grow back and now it's totally normal again...

boo, I wear long nails as you can see in my av...

so it happens a few times a year that I slamm one here or there and it hardly every takes my NN with it... but last Feb it did... here what it looked like... it's bloody so you've been warned

it did hurt like hell, I did swear a billion times too... and I cannot live with short nails, so I had no choice...

I dipped my finger for a few mins in a desinfectant liquid, hurts like hell too, let it dry (quite quick)

then reapplied an opaque pink L&P...
P2220261.JPG

and re did all my set...
P3220091.JPG

and the nail could grow back and now it's totally normal again...
thanks for the piccies - it is ressuring that there is hope for my nail yet LOL
Now that I have cut my NN right back the lifted area is only about 2mm in from the free edge (but my nail does look like a bad biters reformed attempt of growing nails LOL)
I have soaked all the others off now and given myself a much needed manicure - soaked in solar oil, and put a light polish over tocover the hidious nail.
I think leave it a few weeks keep them short and then reapply a set of NN overlays.
I also love long nails - and feel very naked without them.
Your art work is amazing you should give a tutorial.

Latest posts

Back