Open evening??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsP

Reaction score
Hi geeks - I'm thinking of having an open evening for my customers. Bubbly, canapes, treatment demos, make up demos, 10% off retail etc...

Those that have done this before did you invite all your customer base or just the regulars that you want to build further loyalty with and get them to bring a friend??

Any suggestion and potential pitfall experienced appreciated!!!:)

Hi geeks - I'm thinking of having an open evening for my customers. Bubbly, canapes, treatment demos, make up demos, 10% off retail etc...

Those that have done this before did you invite all your customer base or just the regulars that you want to build further loyalty with and get them to bring a friend??

I havent done this before but thought id give my opionion on it.
These seem to be good nights for attracting new customers and existing because who can resist a bit of bubbly and food lol!
I'd advertise it well because if your going to be spending a fair bit of money on this you want a good turn out.
dont take my advice on this in stone though because i have no experience in this but this is my opinion :)

I am thinking of doing this and I struggling to know who to invite as well, all of my friends and family know what I am trying to achieve its new people you need as well.

Oh you want to invite everyone and have the place buzzing! I done both in the past, invite only regulars and then invite full client base and tell them they can bring friends. You have to realise that not everyone is going to show so if you only invite 10 regulars what if only 4 show up? Looks bad and you've wasted money!

Here's what we did and it worked really well for us;

Raffel - clients had to write their name, number & email on a card and pop it in a box (great way to update your database). 1st prize - 1 hour Facial, 2nd prize - 30 min back massage, 3rd prize - Eyebrow shape.

Free goodie bag for the first 10 client's (this ensures people to come early so you'll be busy from the get go) full of samples, price list etc.

Lucky dip - we had vouchers done up, something different on each one (eg. free eyebrow shape when you spend €30 or more in one visit, free back massage with your next facial etc) and clients get to pick one.

Free glass of bubbly on arrival.

Skin Scanning, face mapping and skin bar (yes we are a dermalogica salon :biggrin:)

10% off all products bought on the night AND buy 3 products - get a free express facial, buy 4 products - free 1 hour facial, buy 5 products - free back massage and facial. This worked great to get people to buy more than one product!

And finally, 20% discount off any future appointments booked on the night. If they need to change the appointment time or date, they dont get the discount.

Hope this helped, when are you planning to have your open evening?xx

check to see if you need a liquor licence that evening.

Thanks all! Great replies... bubbly is free so no licence needed.

Its natural nails only and make up so I was a little stumped on it!
Will invite all then and have it as a free for all with raffle, bubbly, offers and laucnh my new loyalty scheme etc...:)

OUt of interest what loyalty scheme are you going to offer as I was thinking of something along those lines.

I only do natural nails as well, but have trained last week in waxing, threading next week and then bridal make up in a few weeks time.

This us a great thread I am also thinking of doing something like this so any ideas would be great on what types of demos, special offers, what to put in goodie bags. ;)

Hi - yes I am swapping software to one that has a loyalty scheme built in...extra points for referrals, extra points for leaving feedback etc... I never discount - just reward! :Love:

Think I will do a charity raffle as one of my customers is a fundraiser for a local care charity. Demos of new Minx and demo of spa treatments and my new make up. Goody bags are v expensive to do I think. Then get shoved in a drawer unless they have brill stuff in!

Wish they had more trial products for stuff!!

hi im havin an open night on the 29th of feb and so looking forward to it! Hope its gives my new salon abit of a boost.

Iv inivited all family and friends, got them to bring who they want. Invited clients and told them to bring whoever they want. Also there is a dance studio in the same building as mine so inviting all the dancers and there mums plus general public. Im really trying to focus on gettin new clients through the door. And also like its been said before people who say they are coming might not actually turn up so iv just invited lots of people...i just hope its not too busy haha

Im also doing 10% off to anyone who comes, half price eyebrow wax on the night(its quick) and got some bubbly and nibbles. Also got 6 raffle prizes.

Plus my mum does avon so bringing some gift sets, she also makes cards so will be selling them.

Going to be very busy but a good night :) xxx PLUS all geeks invited too of course :) xx

Sounds fab!!!! Have a wonderful night - can't wait to hear about it! Hope I have a successful night - I'm umming and aahing about it - only a small place but I have 3 helpers for the night and it's great for ladies to feel you are spoiling them!

Latest posts

Back