Opening a new salon - skincare brand?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beccascottx

Reaction score
Hi!
I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me. I'm opening a new salon in January in a busy, quirky market town and I am looking for a skincare brand to use in the salon! I had originally had my heart set on using Decleor, but I am deterred after learning that the start up cost and minimum order is over £4,000! There is no way that I would get Dermalogica in because I don't like their products and I don't like how there can be ten dermalogica salons in one street! I want something that my clients will feel are luxurious, but my skincare budget is around £2,500.
I've e-mailed Darphin and Eve Taylor to ask for details about their start up costs etc and I am meeting with an Environ rep next week, but have heard that you can't start up without forking out loads for a machine now, which is not something I want to do. I've also looked into Espa but can't seem to find any info on how to contact them in terms of new businesses, and also think that they may only sell to established high end spas rather than high street salons? We use Elemis in the salon I run at the minute and although the products are lovely, I find that they are only lovely for more dry and more mature skin types!
Can anybody help me out? Or does anybody know of the start up costs for the above?

If you don't want to pay £4000 for Decleor, you won't want to pay considerably more than that for environ. Have you spoken to Decleor? There are a few on here that use it and the impression I got was that they can be flexible. With environ you HAVE to have the machine. It is not negotiable, so if you definitely don't want a machine they're probably not for you.

Hopefully one on the Decleor geeks will come along but I would definitely contact them.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think your best to ring them up which ones you like!

I've got crystal clear and love it!! Was around £700 to start But everyone finds there own one to work with!

They came out and trained me in salon to and when they vist to show you they do demos on you 😃

If you don't want to pay £4000 for Decleor, you won't want to pay considerably more than that for environ. Have you spoken to Decleor? There are a few on here that use it and the impression I got was that they can be flexible. With environ you HAVE to have the machine. It is not negotiable, so if you definitely don't want a machine they're probably not for you.

Hopefully one on the Decleor geeks will come along but I would definitely contact them.

Vic x

Hi Vic! I'm waiting to hear back from Decleor, It's quite a small salon with two treatment rooms, and I think only one of which will be used for facials and body treatments while the other will be more spray tans, nails etc! Wondering if they'd maybe just do a two room facial offer for me... Hmmmm!

Tibby olivier skincare system very nice good results and set up about £300 xc

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm the distributor for SwissDermyl in the uk. If you want a truly salon exclusive brand which is both luxurious and effective let me know. Our opening order is £200 plus vat...

Hi!
I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me. I'm opening a new salon in January in a busy, quirky market town and I am looking for a skincare brand to use in the salon! I had originally had my heart set on using Decleor, but I am deterred after learning that the start up cost and minimum order is over £4,000! There is no way that I would get Dermalogica in because I don't like their products and I don't like how there can be ten dermalogica salons in one street! I want something that my clients will feel are luxurious, but my skincare budget is around £2,500.
I've e-mailed Darphin and Eve Taylor to ask for details about their start up costs etc and I am meeting with an Environ rep next week, but have heard that you can't start up without forking out loads for a machine now, which is not something I want to do. I've also looked into Espa but can't seem to find any info on how to contact them in terms of new businesses, and also think that they may only sell to established high end spas rather than high street salons? We use Elemis in the salon I run at the minute and although the products are lovely, I find that they are only lovely for more dry and more mature skin types!
Can anybody help me out? Or does anybody know of the start up costs for the above?
Hi I am a trainer and distributor for an advanced skin care company called JL Formulations(UK Based). Our opening packages start from £565 which allows you to offer facials as well as high strength glycolic peels. Our training is completely FREE and full support for you and your salon. Please have a look at our website and get in touch
- [email protected]

x

Last edited by a moderator:
You used to be able to pay for Environ in installments. Might be worth checking...

I think your best to ring them up which ones you like!

I've got crystal clear and love it!! Was around £700 to start But everyone finds there own one to work with!

They came out and trained me in salon to and when they vist to show you they do demos on you 😃

Do the clients like it? 😊

The clients like the results and retails well then later on you can add machines in!

They have a body range aswell

I would definately recommend eve taylor.
It sells really well and I love the products z

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi Vic! I'm waiting to hear back from Decleor, It's quite a small salon with two treatment rooms, and I think only one of which will be used for facials and body treatments while the other will be more spray tans, nails etc! Wondering if they'd maybe just do a two room facial offer for me... Hmmmm!

They took me on with one room so I wouldn't worry. Have you had the rep out yet?

They took me on with one room so I wouldn't worry. Have you had the rep out yet?

Did they really? how much was your start up, if you don't mind me asking? I'm waiting on them getting back to me with a date for a rep to come out, should be tomorrow.

I only have two rooms and they let me have Decleor, which was about 6 years or so ago. It was worth every penny as I made the opening order back in no time, and many times over! My facial take-up and retail massively increased when I began using their products, and just as importantly their techniques!

I only have two rooms and they let me have Decleor, which was about 6 years or so ago. It was worth every penny as I made the opening order back in no time, and many times over! My facial take-up and retail massively increased when I began using their products, and just as importantly their techniques!

Oh really? that's so reassuring- thank you! I currently manage a salon which uses Elemis, and don't get me wrong the products are fab, but I personally find that Elemis products work better on more mature/dry skin types, and that the products are slightly more expensive than Decleor. I use Decleor products myself and always have, the products are so lovely and smell gorgeous, and I am a total aromatherapy junkie so they do the trick for me 😍 I have a meeting with the Decleor rep at 2pm on tues.. fingers crossed! xo

Good luck - hope all goes well!!

I went with decleor 💁

I went with decleor 💁

Good for you. I think anything else would have felt like a compromise for you. Good luck.

Vic x

Excellent news - it's always a relief when you get to use your first choice of product, as that's usually the one your heart is in! And you'll love the free training - it completely transformed my treatments!

That's great news. Out of interest what did they allow you to spend as the minimum order?

Latest posts

Back