Opening days/times

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chez2k

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have arranged to go and see my potential future room next week.

Just got a question for everyone....

What days do you open/work and what are your opening hours on these days??

Also, when are you busiest times??

Thanks
Cheryl x:lol:

mine fit around school hours, but I work at 2 venues.

I tend to stick to 9.30 - 3pm. I also work 2 late nights.

venue 1: mon and fri 9.30 -12.30 tue 2 - 8
venue 2: tue 9.30 - 12.30, wed 9.30 -3, thur 9.30 - 3 then 5.30 - 7, fri 1.30 - 4.30 and alternate saturdays 10 - 1.

My tuesday 2-8 is my busiest and most popular so far.

Monday to Friday 9am - 7pm
Saturday 9am - 6pm

Busiest days are Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Busiest times are after 3pm every day

Hard work but worth it.

Diane

XX

Is it just your own business that is in the premises or are there other businesses - new or existing ones in there too?

Thanks for replies.

It will be my own business but within a busy hairdressers. I will occupy a room within the hairdressers.

She has told me that I can have my own key and can open as and when I want to.

Cheryl :)

How much of an existing client base will you have?

If your existing client base is quite low then I would focus on making sure you are there when the hair salon is open. I currently work from within a hairdressers and as most of my client base were originally from the hairdressing clients (easiest new clients to target) then you will find that you busy periods will mirror theirs.

HTH

At the moment I only have a couple of regular clients who have already said that they will come to me if I open up.

So really I will be starting from scratch.
That makes sense about mirroring the hairdressers hours at first to help build up the client base beginning with their existing clients.

I am planning on doing LOADS of advertising to try and get myself more clients. It is also my local area and people will be putting my name around for me.

Good luck, how did you find out that there was a room to rent? Just being nosey as im currently mobile and i am thinking about renting a room maybe.

A couple of years ago there was a girl in the room, she was doing well but couldn't be bothered to carry it on so it flopped. She couldn't be bothered to do the work so she packed it in.
It has been empty since.

I knew about it as its the hairdressers that I used to go to and my mum goes to here.

But otherwise I would of rung round and asked if any had rooms.

hi there,

i have a room in a hair dressers.
i work
weds 1pm til 7pm
thurs 1pm til 7pm
friday 9.30am til 6.ish
sat 9.00 til 3pm

i have found that mon, tues are rubbish days for me as every one wants to have treatments at the end of the week when they are going out.
Just to add i also have a little girl so have to work round that.

Latest posts

Back