Opening Schwarzkopf account - not many clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starboltz

Reaction score
I'm starting to pick up, with the clients I do at home.

There's loads of info I'm missing out on, since I don't have an account with schwarzkopf. I would ring up to enquire, but I'd feel silly asking them the questions I need answering.

So my questions are

1) what's the minimum spend to open an account (message me please as prices can't be posted)
2) if I did one opening order, will they close my account if I don't spend enough? Like is there a minum I need to spend a month?

Not sure if it's worth doing, opinions?

Sorry I'm from beauty so can't answer your questions I'm afraid ....but no questions are stupid ...questions are there to be answered ....I'm sure some lovely hair geek will be along soon to help you but I would suggest you phone them and ask them that's what they are there for good luck x

Was just wondering how other freelance geeks got on with getting an account

I've just got a little home salon and to start with my orders weren't that much, but I could always feel the pressure to buy when my rep came to see me I think it was every 3 weeks. I don't bother now with my rep as I can buy the products much cheaper if I shop around online.

I'm starting to pick up, with the clients I do at home.

There's loads of info I'm missing out on, since I don't have an account with schwarzkopf. I would ring up to enquire, but I'd feel silly asking them the questions I need answering.

So my questions are

1) what's the minimum spend to open an account (message me please as prices can't be posted)
2) if I did one opening order, will they close my account if I don't spend enough? Like is there a minum I need to spend a month?

Not sure if it's worth doing, opinions?
The Schwarzkopf rep will have forms with several different options.They want your $$ no matter how big or small.
Generally, they will have "openers" ranging from $200-5000
The openers are usually a great deal as you get to choose the colors you want and usually Schwarzkopf throws in the developers and some bowls or brushes, swatch chart or something. The more you spend, the more you get free goodies from them.
There will be different openers for different lines Igora, blondme, essensity, etc etc....
They won't close your account if you don't spend a lot of money but you can plan on having to call them to find out about the monthly deals and to place orders. The rep will be focused on key accounts that are spending more money but should still be there to help you out when you need it. The rep should also be able to provide you with a schedule for upcoming education in your area.

I've just got a little home salon and to start with my orders weren't that much, but I could always feel the pressure to buy when my rep came to see me I think it was every 3 weeks. I don't bother now with my rep as I can buy the products much cheaper if I shop around online.

See that's what I'm a bit funny about, I wouldn't be spending anywhere near the amount a salon would. I just want access to their online shop, for deals and stuff. I'd only want the rep for education

The Schwarzkopf rep will have forms with several different options.They want your $$ no matter how big or small.
Generally, they will have "openers" ranging from $200-5000
The openers are usually a great deal as you get to choose the colors you want and usually Schwarzkopf throws in the developers and some bowls or brushes, swatch chart or something. The more you spend, the more you get free goodies from them.
There will be different openers for different lines Igora, blondme, essensity, etc etc....
They won't close your account if you don't spend a lot of money but you can plan on having to call them to find out about the monthly deals and to place orders. The rep will be focused on key accounts that are spending more money but should still be there to help you out when you need it. The rep should also be able to provide you with a schedule for upcoming education in your area.

That's great thank you :) to be honest I have less than ten regular clients, so I just wanted to focus on getting more clientele. Sounds silly to want to open an account now, but I know I could earn my money back, and more from the opening order

Hi I have just opened up a salon and chose them. You need to Spend about £1000. Hope this helps .

Hi I have just opened up a salon and chose them. You need to Spend about £1000. Hope this helps .

Didn't think the minimum would be that much :o

Didn't think the minimum would be that much :o
I can't say for definite, but when we opened our salon in May, my hairdresser opened a Schwarzkopf account. I helped with her accounting so I know her opening order was only in the region of £300. I've also met with the rep that comes in and looked at the deals they offer on her behalf- they offer a sliding scale on cost per tube depending on how many you order.
We have no monthly minimum order, and only place an order every 8-10 weeks or so, sometimes for only 2 or 3 tubes with no problems. Our rep emails occasionally, but otherwise leaves us to it unless we need to ask him something, or call in an order.
Hope that helps Starboltz, but if you wanted to know anything else I can ask my hairdresser to jump on :) x

Hi there I have an account its £90 minimum spend with Schwarzkopf you get a lot of deals and insentives xxxx

I can't say for definite, but when we opened our salon in May, my hairdresser opened a Schwarzkopf account. I helped with her accounting so I know her opening order was only in the region of £300. I've also met with the rep that comes in and looked at the deals they offer on her behalf- they offer a sliding scale on cost per tube depending on how many you order.
We have no monthly minimum order, and only place an order every 8-10 weeks or so, sometimes for only 2 or 3 tubes with no problems. Our rep emails occasionally, but otherwise leaves us to it unless we need to ask him something, or call in an order.
Hope that helps Starboltz, but if you wanted to know anything else I can ask my hairdresser to jump on :) x

Thank you so much, that's a massive peace of mind! Worried they would let me open an account if I didn't buy huge amounts each month!

What did you have to sbow/provide to them? Not sure how to go about it

Well, I guess she would need to confirm for you, and I'll ask her for you, but my hairdresser is Slovak and only has certificates from Slovakia, that they seemed happy with. I think she also provided our salon insurance policy.

I recall that she called Schwarzkopf, asked about opening an account and went from there x

Well, I guess she would need to confirm for you, and I'll ask her for you, but my hairdresser is Slovak and only has certificates from Slovakia, that they seemed happy with. I think she also provided our salon insurance policy.

I recall that she called Schwarzkopf, asked about opening an account and went from there x

Thanks so much, feel less nervous calling them now haha x

Thanks so much, feel less nervous calling them now haha x

Don't be! My hairdresser was just fine, and she gets concerned about the language barrier sometimes. She just sorted it all out over/phone email, then got me to help out here and there.
And our rep is gorgeous too lol [emoji16]

Don't be! My hairdresser was just fine, and she gets concerned about the language barrier sometimes. She just sorted it all out over/phone email, then got me to help out here and there.
And our rep is gorgeous too lol [emoji16]

I wouldn't mind a good looking rep, be a bit of a bonus ;)

Latest posts

Back