Operations and 'womanly' things

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
nailsinlondon2 said:
Only changes i have is i am moody and cry for no reason and the fact that i now cant see my toes :cry:
upsets me a little..............

well must dash ................
love faye and babies xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hay Faye, my sister in law just gave birth to Twin girls - Olivia Barbera 7lb 10 oz and Delaney Ellen 6lb 1 oz. Despite their large size for twins her labour was just 5 hours with an epidural and both came out the way nature intended. She said it was like shelling peas. I hope this gives you positive thoughts!

Good luck

(sorry for going off topic)

well faye isnt going to shell hers like peas, she`s going to hatch them like chickens.
However she has them I wish her well (and not toooooooo much pain)

She also asked me if periods can have an adverse reaction,apparently when she has a period she experiences a small amount of lifting at the cuticle or sidewalls,but otherwise has no problems with them.Does anyone else find this (i don't have enhancements so im afraid i wouldn't know :| )

Hello everyone.
This is my first post here, though I am always lurking around. :lol:

It has been my experience before doing my own nails and having them done by seasoned nail techs over an 18-year period and four pregnancies, I did experience some lifting. If my memory serves me right, it was generally the first month or two and the last few weeks? I always put it down to the changes in my hormones. Any other time they did not budge. As for the monthly cycle, in the early days of getting my nails done and now doing my own, I may experience light lifting, though very rare. This usually happens when I have one of those wing-dinger monthlies when I think I’m dying LOL. Thank goodness this is not to often! ;)

Cheers,
Deb

This period-lifting issue has been on my mind latley.

I feel a bit embarressed that I don't know if the body can swell the nail plate (fluid retention) like external sources can ( shower, swimming etc) and if it did swell, how much by? and would this cause a significant reduction in the nail plate after ....causing lifting as nail plate shrinks away from product?...so not interfering with product in a chemical way but a mechanical way?

I need to do a bit more research I think!

Anyway...I also thought that the client may be altering their normal behaviour whilst having their period, so perhaps instead of being a hormonal issue it is something that the client is doing or not doing to themsleves? like more frequent handwashing or being a bit more stressed and playing with nails a bit more?

Hi,
I've had lots of clients that have had to have operations and anaesthetics, lots of them even get there nails done specially for the occasion.
In my experience most anaethatists dont have a problem with enhancements as you can still see the nail bed.
I even had a client who was a nurse to check that the oxygen level monitor that you have on your finger worked, so she tried it and it does!! But this can just as easily be put on yr ear or toe apparently
Paula

Heli said:
hi all,
one of my clients asked me the other day if going into hospital would affect her enhancements (CND L&P) and being new to this i wasn't sure,although i swear i've read something about having to remove the enhancements prior to any operations...Am i going senile young or is this true?

She also asked me if periods can have an adverse reaction,apparently when she has a period she experiences a small amount of lifting at the cuticle or sidewalls,but otherwise has no problems with them.Does anyone else find this (i don't have enhancements so im afraid i wouldn't know :| )

any feedback would be great,thanks!
heli :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back