OPI base coat and top coat, or OPI start to finish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vc0302

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Apologies if this has been posted before, I did do a search but couldn't find so sorry if this has come up before.

I am ordering my first set of OPI polishes today for my mani/pedis! I havd decided to go for Holland Collection A, nude (Malaysian mist), black onyx, Russian navy, Malaga wine red, sparkly gold (ds classic), and sparkly silver (ds radiance) . But my question is about base and top coat. Do u have better results with the separate base and top coats or do you get OPI start to finish which is base, top and nail strengthener all in one? I know that if I get start to finish I will run out quicker so will get more than one bottle to last me same amount of time, but just wondered your thoughts?

Also if you think I should omit/change any of my colour selections let me know as I'm still iffy on black. I know it's not regularly asked for but I've been asked for it twice in last 3 weeks or so so I'm not sure now! Also not sure whether to get dulce de leche as its so popular but it is quite similar to Gouda Gouda in holland collection.

Thanks for your Help geeks xx

Hi
At Opi training they say to NYSE base and top separately otherwise you can get bubbling.
I personally use original nail envy, 2-3 costs of colour then top coat, only use rapid dry top coat if they ask, if they are paying for a treatment it should be the best quality.

In terms of colours I have the holland kit and havnt really done any of the colours, no idea whythey are in a cabinet not of my wall but then I do have about 180 other colours to choose from. Vamperstam needs three coats cse it is quite watery. I would recommend lincon park after dark!!! It is sooooo popular!! :) hope that helps Hun xxx

I use separate too,
Nail envy base or acrylic base cost for acrylic nails, and either lumos or rapid dry top coats, they shine alot better and seem stronger IMO

If your anything like me you'll soon become addicted to buying opis , I have the holland collection and it's VERY popular, as are the Minnie mouse now they've arrived and all the classics!

I don't use OPI, I prefer China Glaze, but I also use separate base and top coat.

I found that the "all-in-one" coats tend to be a bit thicker and make bubbles even if you go over several times.

I'm finding Pompeii purple & Cajun shrimp to be popular colours. I love Russian Navy (good choice!)

I use Natural nail base coat and a seperate Top Coat. All OPI x

I use seperate opi base and top coat for my mani and pedi treatments or nail envy if they just want a natural finish or request it.. I do retail the start to finish polish though as this seems to appeal to clients i also retail the nail envy (original) and the holland collection i have also just got the minnie mouse collection and they are selling really well.. And the colours are great :) the holland collection has sold okay but not brilliant.. Bur its still nice :)

i use their natural nail base coat and rapidry topcoat... which does what is says on the bottle, much quicker to dry than their ordinary topcoat.
i wouldnt use start to finish during a professional service (as the products i mention above give better results) but it's a good thing to try and retail to your clients. hth xxx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

also as regards to colour choices a v dark purple almost black but not quite is lincoln park after dark- very popular for me.
i wouldnt get dulce de leche if u have gouda gouda already.
my most popular are 'a-rose at dawn broke by noon' 'shorts story' 'japanese rose garden' 'bogota blackberry' 'tropical punch'
xxx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Thank you for all your thoughts guys! I have gone with x2 bottles each of OPI natural base and top coat, and 1x rapidry top coat. Will see how I get on with those and then maybe switch to nail envy etc depending how I get on. I'm so excited to receive them!! A little confused tho as my contact at Lena White sent me a price list that quoted XXX + VAT next day delivery, but she charged me that for delivery and then said it would take 3-4 working days?! Is this right? Just wondering as it says it in black and white on my price list so I'm wondering if she's sent me an outdated one. It also seemed to be more expensive than I calculated it to come to ( with VAT calculated into it). Gonna have to check my invoice when it arrives I think :-/

So

Last edited:
That's what I get charged for delivery and it's never next day, I did say last time I needed it ASAP and it magical turned up 2 days later, but never next day! P.s ds radiance is gorgeous!!!! :) I have it on my fingers in axxium ATM. I managed to work out how to add pics, lol here is my pro polishes lol

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1340402337.624208.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1340402337.624208.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 655
OMG :green: what I would give for a collection like yours! :D

I kno! I saw ds classic and radiance and thought I have to have them! I have lots ask for gold/silver anyway especially for summer toes if they aren't having Minx so thought these would br good ones, can't wait to try!

That's really bad about the delivery! It does say it clear as day in my price list, I will post pic when I get a chance. She was telling me to make sure in future that I promptly make orders with 3-4 days leeway and I was thinking hang on I'm making order before 12pm and it says next day! But it's OPI isn't it so they can do what they like really can't they. She is giving me a free 36 polish display stand tho as well so can't complain really! So excited!! I did my nails tonight in OPI baby pink with geo French black tips and black konad flowers in anticipation lol.

Haha yea it's a big collection but I have been doing therapy for 5 yrs and worked occasionally from home the whole time so they have just accumulated over time! :) oooo sounds nice!!! It's so exciting when you get your order!!! Are you in a salon or working mobile/from home

That's what I get charged for delivery and it's never next day, I did say last time I needed it ASAP and it magical turned up 2 days later, but never next day! P.s ds radiance is gorgeous!!!! :) I have it on my fingers in axxium ATM. I managed to work out how to add pics, lol here is my pro polishes lol

Can I ask what the litlle orange stickers are on some of the bottles?

Id love a colection like that!

PS I use start to finish but on Sallys next VAt free day im going to get seperate base ad top coat. Im thinking of trying the quick dry top coat.

Thank you for all your thoughts guys! I have gone with x2 bottles each of OPI natural base and top coat, and 1x rapidry top coat. Will see how I get on with those and then maybe switch to nail envy etc depending how I get on. I'm so excited to receive them!! A little confused tho as my contact at Lena White sent me a price list that quoted xxx + VAT next day delivery, but she charged me that for delivery and then said it would take 3-4 working days?! Is this right? Just wondering as it says it in black and white on my price list so I'm wondering if she's sent me an outdated one. It also seemed to be more expensive than I calculated it to come to ( with VAT calculated into it). Gonna have to check my invoice when it arrives I think :-/

So

You need to remove the trade prices from your post. The price you quoted is too high as a trade price, it is more than the trade price including VAT. If you look at their Trade Website it will give you all the most up to date prices.

I have a collection as large as Jennie's, but to be honest my polish sits unused and unsold these days since introducing Gelish and Gelicure. I am only keeping it because it looks so nice on the wall!

Oh, I've just realised that you were talking about the delivery charge and not product charge :o I think they do free delivery if the order is over £400

The orange stickers are the colours that I have in axxium gel :)

Oh, I've just realised that you were talking about the delivery charge and not product charge :o I think they do free delivery if the order is over £400

Woops sorry! Have modified. Yeah I meant the delivery charge. I have checked my invoice though and she has overcharged me by not putting Holland collection through as a collection but by putting them through as individual bottles! No wonder it came out different to my total lol! I tried it out for the first time on a client today and did thanks a wind million sage green plus white floral konad, came out amazing!! Really impressed with rapidry it dried so quickly!! And client loved it :) Here is a pic...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1340830007.111288.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1340830007.111288.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 44
Haha yea it's a big collection but I have been doing therapy for 5 yrs and worked occasionally from home the whole time so they have just accumulated over time! :) oooo sounds nice!!! It's so exciting when you get your order!!! Are you in a salon or working mobile/from home

It's a beaut collection! Am working from home in my home treatment room and really enjoying it so far :) I finished my logo today that I did myself in photoshop and finalised my business cards, it's so exciting at this stage lol!!

Latest posts

Back