OPI Gelcolor

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Nancycyd. Interesting reading. I have just contacted Lena White to enquire about Gelcolor as I would like to offer a gel (with a matched polish). My husband said a similar thing, will it push Shellac to the background...? Interesting...
Can I also ask, after you have completed nail prep, do you use a scrub fresh type product?

Yeah, I love Shellac, but the failure to have an LED cure plus the incredibly slow rollout of new colours made me look elsewhere. I am such a creature of habit - I used Scrubfresh after prep for OPI. Although included in my OPI starter kit, I did not use Bond-Aid.

Just a quick question sorry for hi-jacking! Is it only LED cured not UV?

Pretty much anything that cures in an LED light will cure in a CFL UV light, but the reverse is not true. OPI includes some "directions" for using with other lamps. They're not really all that helpful, but it does at least indicate that other lights are usable.

Pretty much anything that cures in an LED light will cure in a CFL UV light, but the reverse is not true. OPI includes some "directions" for using with other lamps. They're not really all that helpful, but it does at least indicate that other lights are usable.

Thank you for your reply xx😄

If they do a "Try Me Kit" at Excel, I might have to reconsider my decision to ditch OPI. I have the right to change my mind :)

It will have to be really good to pull me away from Gelish and Gelicure though.

Thanks Nancycyd. Interesting reading. I have just contacted Lena White to enquire about Gelcolor as I would like to offer a gel (with a matched polish). My husband said a similar thing, will it push Shellac to the background...? Interesting...
Can I also ask, after you have completed nail prep, do you use a scrub fresh type product?

Yes we use a product called NAS 99 which is a sanitiser for the nail plate and also removes the sticky layer from the gel.

I have tried OPI gel color and have found that when I tested this on myself it lasted longer than my Shellac. I found removal easier and it just flaked easily off the nail. I used the Russian Navy and the only problem was, I did get some shrinkage at the free edge. Apart from this issue I am really happy with the results and I am thinking of changing my Shellac system over to Gel colour.

Oh No!!
Ive planned to learn Gelish since January! Just waiting for Excel to get all my bits.
Now ive read this thread im right back at square one!
Does anyone know where I can try a OPI Gel Colour manicure?
I tried Gelish and loved it however I know OPI would sell easier as everyone loves OPI!!
X

Emmaopi, are the NAS 99 and the expert touch remover all included in the Intro Kit? Thanks....:confused:

For those who have tried the Opi Gelcolour, when it starts to come off (prior to proper soak off) does it lift like gels or peel like Shellac. I hate the way gels lift as I end up pulling them off and that's why I like Shellac - how does thi gelcolour compare in this??

thanks all xx

Will this be available from sally's/salon services?

Emmaopi, are the NAS 99 and the expert touch remover all included in the Intro Kit? Thanks....:confused:

Yes there are kits available which include NAS. Give our team a call on 01923 240010 and they can give you full details of the options available.

For those who have tried the Opi Gelcolour, when it starts to come off (prior to proper soak off) does it lift like gels or peel like Shellac. I hate the way gels lift as I end up pulling them off and that's why I like Shellac - how does thi gelcolour compare in this??

thanks all xx

If applied properly there won't be any peeling or chipping prior to soak-off :0)

Kit arrived today :lol:.

Will let you know how I get on!

After the great comments on here about it I couldn't wait until excel, so have booked my training and ordered my starter kit today! Kit should be here early next week so will update once I've tried it.

In the meantime does anyone else have any more reviews of this product?

xx

I just wish they did VAT free offer on Excel :(

Otherwise Shellac and gelish will be prefered products.

Gemied... How long will your kit take to arrive do you know? Also did they charge you Delivery?

After looking into OPI more I have decided I am definitely going to train with OPI!! The start up costs are around the same as Gelish if you was buying the 10 Colour Start Kit & the LED Lamp!!
Good thing about hearing they wont have offers at Excel... I wont need to wait to order my kit I can do it now mwahaha :) x

Gemied... How long will your kit take to arrive do you know? Also did they charge you Delivery?

After looking into OPI more I have decided I am definitely going to train with OPI!! The start up costs are around the same as Gelish if you was buying the 10 Colour Start Kit & the LED Lamp!!
Good thing about hearing they wont have offers at Excel... I wont need to wait to order my kit I can do it now mwahaha :) x

My training is booked for the 27th and they said you receive your kit 2 weeks before so that you can practise and watch instructional DVD etc. I only have just over 2 weeks until the workshop day so they said they will post the kit now. I dont think I was charged for delivery, should have checked that! But it was a fair bit of money so I'm sure it would have been free.

I currently use Gelish which is a great product as well, I just really like the idea of matching polish!

xx

Hi

Have just done I,m not really a waitress on a set of toes and it looked fab. It did not shrink back from the free edge like the Russian Navy. Must just be the very dark colours that shrink back. :)

No charge for delivery :)

Can anyone tell me if they have tried this product over acrylic? Is it even meant to be used in this way?? I have tried it on a couple of clients using the same prep technique as Gelish/mani•q and have found it to peel & chip! Any thoughts? X

Latest posts

Back