OPI GelColour, what are the must have colours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleDragon

Wombaling around
Reaction score
Hi all, I have decided to go with OPI for my gel polish so need to make a start on getting some in. What colours would you recommend to get to start off with untill I can build up my collection.
Thank's in advance X

Hi all, I have decided to go with OPI for my gel polish so need to make a start on getting some in. What colours would you recommend to get to start off with untill I can build up my collection.
Thank's in advance X
Me too! I have just ordered their soft shades kit, the colours look lovely! So does their Alice range. Lovely colours to choose from.

Me too! I have just ordered their soft shades kit, the colours look lovely! So does their Alice range. Lovely colours to choose from.
That's the problem isn't it, all of their colours look lovely, If I had the money.......:rolleyes:.
I did see a starter kit on their site the other day and thought i'd go for that but it's not there now so they may have sold out. I'm only starting out so only have a couple of colours of polish and gel so don't know what's popular, was thinking french shades, red, black and white but don't know what else to get. Soft shades may be the way to go with summer on the way.

That's the problem isn't it, all of their colours look lovely, If I had the money.......:rolleyes:.
I did see a starter kit on their site the other day and thought i'd go for that but it's not there now so they may have sold out. I'm only starting out so only have a couple of colours of polish and gel so don't know what's popular, was thinking french shades, red, black and white but don't know what else to get. Soft shades may be the way to go with summer on the way.

Yes they have sold out of the starter kits. I was on the phone to them yesterday and they said it should be back in stock by the end of the month. That should good to start with. And maybe a couple of brights for the summer too?

For us it's the following :

Taupe less beach
Cee less tial is more
OPI red
Big apple red
St marks the spot
Suzi moi
Muffaletta
Jambalaya
This colours making waves
Funny bunny and passion for French
Pirouette my whistle
That's a few to start with I'll have another little think for you but we use and are a OPI salon [emoji106]

Rich girls and po boys
Spare me a French quarter
Cajun shrimp
Vampsterdam
Princesses rule
Alpine snow
Strawberry margarita
Pompeii purple
Miami beet

[emoji140][emoji140] that's all I can think of [emoji7][emoji7]

Hi, I'm just starting out too. I have gone with a different brand, but instead of choosing exact colours I worked out what I needed, for example a couple of shades of red, gold and silver glitters, several light colours and pastels etc. Yesterday I did my colour swatches and now I can see what I think is missing.

I also checked all the actual colours of the gel polish before I bought them to make sure I didn't have anything too similar.

Then when I start I will ask clients what other colours they would like to see. No point buying colours if they won't appeal to clients.

Good luck!

I'm total bias I have every single gel color made... A lot of the newer collections apply waaay better for a black try to get cant have too mani friends works waaay better than black onyx. PM me if you want swatches and stuff :)

Thank you all so much. I have now made a list of the colours you suggested and will hopefully get them knocked off my list a few at a time :)

Latest posts

Back