OPI Gelcolour - your pics and tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone suggest what I can put under Bubble Bath to make the colour less sheer. I tried using Vampire as a base but still could see the nail beneath even after two coats of Bubble x

I'm training with OPI GelColor next week :) Can anyone please recommend any 'must have' colours?

Sent from my MZ604 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm training with OPI GelColor next week :) Can anyone please recommend any 'must have' colours?

Sent from my MZ604 using SalonGeek mobile app

Must haves? All of them!!!!! There is a starter kit that I got. Buy that, plus a glitter. Desperately Seeking Sequence is a massive hit with my clients xx

It that a legitimate site? Both price and range are really good.

Probably not, they didn't ask for any of my qualifications when I ordered, and wouldn't order anything else through them. However, the shaker works perfectly and arrived the next day, and there was no where else in the uk that sold it at the time!

I got my pro shaker from there, I wouldn't buy gelcolor from there though. It's a must for gelcolor I think, really helps with any colours that shrink. Lena white were going to sell the pro shaker but they still don't have it, seems they are going to loose out!

I hated the black it was a nightmare for shrinking, I don't use it anymore!

I am so happy I have found this post. I am yet to start my collection of OPI Gelcolour! I saw it at the airport when I went away I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me! I LOVE OPI varnish so the Gelcolour is just a winner for me!!! I will be picking my collection up as soon as possible and the lamp!

Does anybody know where the best place to get the Gelcolour from? My local wholesalers that I know stock it is Sallys. ... Any other suggestions?

I got my pro shaker from there, I wouldn't buy gelcolor from there though. It's a must for gelcolor I think, really helps with any colours that shrink. Lena white were going to sell the pro shaker but they still don't have it, seems they are going to loose out!

I hated the black it was a nightmare for shrinking, I don't use it anymore!

Sorry if I seem dumb... what is a proshaker?

Thanks

I am so happy I have found this post. I am yet to start my collection of OPI Gelcolour! I saw it at the airport when I went away I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me! I LOVE OPI varnish so the Gelcolour is just a winner for me!!! I will be picking my collection up as soon as possible and the lamp!

Does anybody know where the best place to get the Gelcolour from? My local wholesalers that I know stock it is Sallys. ... Any other suggestions?

Get it from lena white. It is a gadget to shake the gelcolors :)

I love OPI Gelcolor been using it since I trained last year, and although I have just brought some gelish colour I still favour opi as you can never go wrong it's just some particular colours they don't do, but then again with opi you always get the matching polish whereas with gelish you can't which is extremely annoying! My one tip though is to apply in thin coats and actually I have found applying 3 coats of colour has helped my clients immensely some getting four weeks wear and could still continue if they wanted to as no signs of chipping or anything. But then some clients just don't seem to get on with it but I think that can be said for all systems I can't get on with shellac others can't do bio it's just the way it goes.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1411981347.736671.jpg

All good superheroes have a nemesis...Batman has the joker, Spider-Man has the Green Goblin and mine is Louvre me, Louvre Me Not!!

Any tips on using it, or should I invest in a new purple? If so, which one?

Which colour makes your heart sink when a client requests it?

Yours in frustration,

Jenny x

Oh that one is a PITA! Warm it and shake the heck out of it! Flash cure it. LPAD is a jerk too... Black onyx seems the original gels were the worst they have gotten sooo much better

It's so nice to see this OPI thread still going. I love using GelColor, especially now I've worked out how to get the best out of it! Got a ridiculous amount of colours though!! Current favourites are Center of the Universe, Russian Navy (never get bored of this) and good old Cajun Shrimp.

One thing I've noticed though is that even though I'm doing nothing different, the colour is really badly transferring to the top coat brush. I still apply thin layers, cure it for the same time etc etc. Any thoughts on why it suddenly has started to do this?

Thanks X

I love my OPI!! Lol oh Cajun shrimp! Hmm only thing I can think of is the top coat isn't covering all of it? Have you tried doing two top coats? And seeing if it still happens? Are you in the OPI Facebook group?

I love OPI Gelcolor [emoji3] here are my nails now! I used I'm not really a waitress with red and green glitter xxxxx
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1449247771.687667.jpg

Do you all.use the opi lamp? I'm currently deciding between the opi and gelish xx

I use the OPI lamp and all OPI products. ☺️

Yeah your right I think I will go with that and it is more affordable! Xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1449784631.874390.jpg
mod about you pastel, my absolute fave colour! [emoji7]

Latest posts

Back