OPI matte polishes : Your opinions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mieke

Reaction score
Today a customer brought one of the new opi matte polishes allong to paint her nails with. I have never experiences a polish that dries soooo fast! While i was painting the nail it was allready drying! The result was very different since i,m not used to it, i don´t know if i like it or not. It was just so different looking :lol:
What is your point of view on this? Anyone else tried it?

hi, i wanted to try them but using the zoya matte i found the same it dries really quick. which bit didnt you like?

im not a big fan of the matte polishes, i bought a few to try out and none of my clients liked them much. I have found them fun to do damask stripes and whatnot, i like the look of the matte on glossy, but not the matte all over.

hi, i wanted to try them but using the zoya matte i found the same it dries really quick. which bit didnt you like?

Just the look to me felt strange. I don´t know if it´s just cause im not used to it. I thought it was tricky aswell to get it perfectly even and nicely marked around the cuticle area since it dried so fast. But then again i googled some pictures online and saw this dark blue color which looked almoste like velvet which i thought was nice... but then again it was just a picture :) I,m curious how much customers would like this.

im not a big fan of the matte polishes, i bought a few to try out and none of my clients liked them much. I have found them fun to do damask stripes and whatnot, i like the look of the matte on glossy, but not the matte all over.

Thats a really cool idea. i could give that a try

I'm not keen on the overall matte look myself and I wouldn't stock matte polishes.

I think CND have got it just right with their new matte top coat which will make any colour matte and at least gives you the choice to use it or not without investing in polishes that may not sell. I think it will be fun to try some artistic tricks with it using a small brush to get the effects Yeah was talking about ... I should imagine it could look quite classy.

I'm not keen on the overall matte look myself and I wouldn't stock matte polishes.

I think CND have got it just right with their new matte top coat which will make any colour matte and at least gives you the choice to use it or not without investing in polishes that may not sell. I think it will be fun to try some artistic tricks with it using a small brush to get the effects Yeah was talking about ... I should imagine it could look quite classy.

That would be quite a bit more economical! is it allready available for purchase? If i get the odd client that likes this look i dont need to invest in different colors.

It's not a look I particularly like so I probably won't bother getting any of them in.

That would be quite a bit more economical! is it allready available for purchase? If i get the odd client that likes this look i dont need to invest in different colors.

They will be available in the UK at the beginning of September . You will have to check with our local distributor .. the whole new collection is a fantastic concept and achievement and very economical for the salon or business owner. If you don't know about the Colour Effects range then pm me with your email address and I will ping all the info over to you including images.

One of my older customers is always asking me to look out for matt polish, she tells me it was popular i the sixties.

Thanks for this, i'll be buying some colours for her straight away

One of my older customers is always asking me to look out for matt polish, she tells me it was popular i the sixties.

Thanks for this, i'll be buying some colours for her straight away

Oh really? I thought this was a completely new concept. But then again so think my customers about a buffing file when i buff their nails to a high shine during a manicure. They always seem to be amazed that it has been around for a long time

Latest posts

Back