OPI nail varnishes what does everyone think ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candy86

Candy
Reaction score
Hi I'm just starting out and currently training to be a nail tech I've not done a gel course but I have done my mani/pedi training and about to do lux mani/pedi acrylics and gels what does everyone think to using OPI nail polishes ? I was just going to start by buying the 2 miniature sets of the Brazilian collection and using them when applying polish after the mani/pedi treatments.

Hiya I use OPI I do really love them BUT I'm in the process of switching to vinylux...
As it really annoys me that anyone can buy OPI and I want to stock professional products only xx

I've been using OPI for years, lovely polish but one thing I've never liked is the brush. I've recently switched over to CND Vinylux and it is amazing! I'm slowly switching over completely but it's taking a while as I have hundreds of OPI polishes lol.. Vinylux dries is 8.5 mins, is super super shiny and lasts beautifully for a week but can last a lot longer! Few clients have managed to get 4 weeks out of it!! - wouldn't recommend that long as it gets stronger the longer you wear it, it gets harder to remove. Hands down the best polish I e used x

Agreed with above poster. OPI is a great product and a well known name amongst clients. They go on great and last well however if you ever plan to retail any OPI then you are s*rewed as clients can buy the product anywhere :( especially at drug stores as they have better buying power and resell them cheaper.
I have recently switched from China Glaze to Vinylux and I am more than happy! No base coat, dry in 8.5 minutes, and they last a long time.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

Another vote for Vinylux and I was a long-time devotee to OPI.

From a business point of view it just made total sense to use a polish that used one whole step less (base coat) than the rest.

I'm also a Shellac user now so having the two together was a no-brainer for me :) xx

Last edited:
Thanks everyone I'll look at vinylux and planning on doing the shellac course once I got all my training done :)

Latest posts

Back