Opinions on how to do this colour please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissLou

Reaction score
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1412880572.152274.jpg

Hi geeks, I'm doing a client on Saturday, this is the picture she sent me of what she would like. I haven't seen her yet but from a picture of her her looks like it typical bleach highlights with about 7 months root/re growth.

No I'm going nuts thinking of the best way to do this, I'm not sure if she's going to have lots of brown underneath as a result of lots of half head foils rather than full.

Would you paint on full head tint, thinking 7/03 (wella Kp) then foil a couple bleached on top and baylayage the rest with tint???

I'll be here all night telling you all my ideas so please fire away which method you think will be best. Thank you geeks! Xxxx

Anyone help please??? :eek::eek:
its tomorrow morning!!

First of all, stop panicking!

Honestly, I'm not sure how to advise you as you haven't seen the clients hair (natural depth, existing colour, general condition and porosity etc) or had a proper in-depth consultation yet.

Have you done a skin test?

Balayage is a good technique for producing natural sun-kissed highlights. But until she's sat in front of you, there's a limit to how much preparation you can do.

Yes totally agree with you, thank you though for your thoughts :) My first thought was balayage. She has 7 months regrowth and wants something with minimal up keep, I think instead of full head brown tint with a few highlights maybe work with what she hs got and try to blend the 2 best i can….could you do say wella 7/03 with colour id and freelights at the same time?? our wella rep yesterday said you have to do them separately but I thought isn't the point? So they don't bleed into each other? This rep isn't a hairdresser by the way so that's why I'm double checking.

Aw thanks I know i do get myself into such a panic sometimes!! Over thinking it probably lol xxx

If shes a lv.6N I would do the front sections 1 foil wide both sides alternating starting with 6%+ bleach, a tiny section(no more that 1/4" wide) after, left natural/skipped, the next foil with a lv 8-9 gold + 9%..repeat till bottom of hair. Small weave.

Next foils behind first top front foils(mid-crown section) with same bleach formula for 1st foil,1/2" natural, then gold formula in wider spaced 1/4-1/2" random weave x 2 then do 2 gold to 1 bleach.....you can run a demi through the ends of the natural/un-colored sections in 6n to break up the ends if they are more solid blond for good depth!.....Avoid bleach from occipital bone down, widen natural sections to 3/4-1": gold.

If shes a lv.5N, give her lo-heat dryer for 15 mins or use 9%+ bleach.

Latest posts

Back