Opinions on Logo Please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aphrodites

Reaction score
Hi girls (and guys)

Have been working with Carl from Verve print on a new logo. Can i get some opinions please?

Untitled 1

all nice but I thought Carl prefered us NOT to put logo ideas on here??

Oh, he said i was welcome to post on here fo your opinions?! They are in draft stage still!

Isn't Carl brillant! I like no 3 best.

Annie x

I like b3 the best!
x

Me too, but my OH doesn't so i wanted to see what you all think?

Hiya,

Its ok Della- I did start to ask people not to post them here, as some designs were getting "borrowed"- and I know some people were getting fed-up of them really!

But Louise was struggling for feedback- so It's ok every now and again :)

ta! I'll duck out now- cos I hate this bit!

1 or 3, 3 is prettier but 1 is easier to read.

Hi there

I like 3 or 4... but the image you have...looks good at that size on screen, what about when you have it printed on business cards and letterheads wen it will be a lot smaller than what it appears on screen, because of the detailing, i don't think it will look good to be honest...unless you have it really big on all of your printed material?

Hi there

I like 3 or 4... but the image you have...looks good at that size on screen, what about when you have it printed on business cards and letterheads wen it will be a lot smaller than what it appears on screen, because of the detailing, i don't think it will look good to be honest...unless you have it really big on all of your printed material?

Hiya :) That's a good point, and something people ought to bear in mind when having a logo designed as it's very different than having something done just for the web. It's got to work in different media and different sizes.

However, in this logo they're actually a little different than normal "clip-art" type images- I actually created them to be vectored images using Adobe Illustrator, meaning they'll stay the same resolution at any size and won't ever lose detail.

Hi,

I like the first one as it is easier to read, but I would accencuate the colour.

x

Hi there Verve

I know what you mean about it being vector etc so wont lose detail...and can be used at any size, on a bus if need be!

Sorry what i meant was if that was like 25% of the size we see it on screen, for instance on a business card, because it is such a detailed drawing, it may not look as impactful at the size we see it on web...although it is very nice. It's like for instance if you have a logo, where it has a strap line underneath, once you make that to fit a business card, if the logo and strap line weren't in proportion to one another, that strap line could become like 4pt on a business card...which is wayyy to small for legibility...sorry i was just tryin got think of all angles that a logo may be used...some people do tend to have 2 versions of their logo though

Hi there Verve

I know what you mean about it being vector etc so wont lose detail...and can be used at any size, on a bus if need be!

Sorry what i meant was if that was like 25% of the size we see it on screen, for instance on a business card, because it is such a detailed drawing, it may not look as impactful at the size we see it on web...although it is very nice. It's like for instance if you have a logo, where it has a strap line underneath, once you make that to fit a business card, if the logo and strap line weren't in proportion to one another, that strap line could become like 4pt on a business card...which is wayyy to small for legibility...sorry i was just tryin got think of all angles that a logo may be used...some people do tend to have 2 versions of their logo though

Trust me- I do this for a living :) I do bear those sorts of things in mind- and I usually do two versions, one for the web, and one for print, and people can have any element of the logo seperately (or removed) for different usages if they want. This sounds like shocking product placement- but someone else did raise the point! :lol:

Didnt mean to cause any offence ... what is the point of people asking for opinions if people can't be honest...i was only giving constructive feedback, would be different if i said, o i think its a load of c***...but i didn't as thats not my opinion, and that wouldnt help in any way...design is subjective, so everyone will have their own opinion, but there is no point voicing it if it is going to cause personal offence

MAYBE AS I ALSO DO THIS FOR A LIVING :) and have done for many years i am just extra "pinikity" about these things and as i work with logos for different purposes everyday, from wrap around on buses to embroidery on tshirts and screen printed on pens... people often realise the limitations along the line with their "pretty" logos, so all i was pointing out was to consider the logo from different angles...thats all...but if offence caused, im sorry

Pardon? No offense caused at all. The "I do it for a living" was a joke (hence the smily face?)- feedback is good

.....and you'll also see I was agreeing with you in the post.

Sorry...clearly a misunderstanding..the joys of email conversations :)

i perfer the columpic to the lady pic
so i would say if the pic was changed i would like B1 the best

I like C1, the first one. The writing is easier to read on here and the pink is gorgeous!

Latest posts

Back