Opinions on my nail?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelly-Tara

Reaction score
Hi there i haven't been doing nails long, training with essential nails, so just trying to practice as much as i can at the mo, i practiced on my thumb earliar tonight, using nsi balance gel for the first time and pro impression tips, also added a bit of nail art. Just wanted your opinions.
What do i need to improve on etc.
Thanks
http://www.salongeek.com/members/ke...ure10134-my-first-attempt-nail-art-myself.jpg

hey kelly, i think this looks fab, not gona be able to give you much feedback as i dont feel that i am up to a high enough standard myself to do that, but, i do think it looks nice, i think if it was me i would maybe shorten the white free edge a bit to balance the nail that bit more. a darn sight better than one of my first attempts!! well done xxx

Thank you, yeah i did think that after looking at it a few times lol! Thanks for the advice :)

Wow, to me it looks lovely. How did you do your smile line, I wish mine were like that! I think you have done a brilliant job x

Thanku, they are just pro impression white tips hun x

They look great x

Thanks i stil have a very long way to go yet!

Well done. I don't know if it is just the nail art (which is very nice BTW) which is throwing my eye out on the pic, but does the left sidewall maybe slope to the left a little? I think I see a little bump on the left where the join between the tip and nailbed are. Make sure your file is straight when filing sidewalls. I'm being very picky here. I think you have done a fabulous job. xx

Yeah i think you could be right. Thanks for that x

Anymore advice?

I can't add much more to what has been said already, you are certainly on the right path. What I did notice was the skin around the nail, has she got dry skin? Or is it product? If it is product, you have to be very careful of this hun as it can cause overexposure. :hug:

it is my hand, i have a bad habit of biting the skin around my nails, i really need to stop!

it is my hand, i have a bad habit of biting the skin around my nails, i really need to stop!

LOL we are our own worst enemies, you are doing great hun :hug:

yeah haha thanks x

Well you are right .. you do have a long way to go but for a starter nail it is certainly not the worst I have seen. :hug:

It would be more beneficial to use white powder than to use white tips .. at some time you are going to have to learn how to use it so it might as well be now 'right from the start'.

The white is too long and much too wide and could look much more sleek. You have to develop your 'eye' by looking at images of perfect nails and then try to copy that look.

ok thanks for that, i am doing gel at the moment haven't tried painting a white tip yet, but still just beginning so have lots to learn yet

Latest posts

Back