Opinions on new logo please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Number 3

I like Fingers and Toes nail Lounge:)

I have a fully kitted out professional salon at home but some clients around here get the wrong idea if you call it a home salon (especially when it comes to prices) - private salon gives a more 'exclusive' feel.

Thanks for all the input geeks - these are just a few preliminary designs to get me going.

I'd rethink on the private bit. It makes you go 'huh ???' when you read it, which isn't really the reaction you want.

In general having the logo and words slightly separated is a better bet as you can use the logo with and without the words - without as a brand, watermark etc.

Mike

Thanks for all the input - the logo ideas are still being worked on. I'm still thinking about the 'tagline' though. Rather than describing the salon how about describing me instead? If the logo was predominately Fingers and Toes I could use the tagline 'Nail Professional'. Thoughts anyone?

I love 3 and it would be great as a badge

Hmmm, now I have a bit of a dilemma. I like to have a tag line that says something about 'nail salon' because sometimes people think 'Fingers and Toes' is a childrens nursery. 'Treatment Lounge' doesn't do it for me as I don't do anything other than nails and never intend to.

Nail Salon - not descriptive enough
Home Nail Salon - sometimes assumed to be cheap :irked:
Private Nail Salon - see previous comments in thread
Treatment Lounge - only do nails, not beauty
Professional Nail Spa - leaning towards natural care only

I have to confess I'm really struggling here. When I came up with the name 'Fingers and Toes' I thought that would be descriptive enough, but apparently not. Having been in business for just over a year I still get people asking what I do when they see the name :irked:

Throwing this out the water I love number 2!!

And clients will always ask what you do, sometimes its because they really are that daft, but more often than not they know exactly what you do and they just need a question to break the ice to get talking to you.

I just do spray tanning at the minute, all my website is spray tanning and yet I always get people ringing me up asking 'do you do spray tanning?' I am so tempted to turn around and say no sorry I am a mobile Chip Shop!!

But its that same question you get asked time and time again so people can suss you out and break the ice and then lead on to other questions about your business. I would not worry about your name it explains exactly what it is.

I agree with the Private bit it does work as it offers exclusivity to your service and I know many salons that use this (that run from anywhere but the highstreet) and it adds the VIP factor.

Kate

Well I really am not intending this as being rude or anything like that...far from it...
but I just think the PRIVATE bit is really off-putting.

If I saw that as an advert I wouldn't even think of trying to make an appointment...it sort of makes it 'too' exclusive.....like a kind of members only club.

I do agree about what you are trying to imply though with your salon....I just think the 'private' wording is perhaps the wrong way to go.

I LOVE nail lounge, nail boutique or nail professional...all have which have been mentioned....and all of them make your home salon seem more exclusive without being excluding if you get my drift :lol:

Best of luck with your venture xxxxx

Latest posts

Back