Opinions please fellow lashers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lash-fantastic

Reaction score
Hey peeps, hope you are all well!
At the moment I’ve been lashing for just under 2 years now. However my situation at the salon may change and I may loose my room. :Scared:
I have been offered space in the salon, but it’s not really ideal for a 2 hour lash treatment.
Which brings me to the start of my questions? :wink2:

Although qualified to apply sp lashes am i right in thinking i would need to take another course in order to learn the application and for insurance purposes?
Do you guys use your sp lash glue for express lashes?
For those of you that offer both sp lashes and express lash which treatment is more popular?
How many of you apply express lashes with your client in an upright position?
Can you realy do a set in 20 minutes?
Average price you charge for this service?
Any feedback on express lashes what so ever would be great please xx :Love: xx

Although qualified to apply sp lashes am i right in thinking i would need to take another course in order to learn the application and for insurance purposes?
You do need to go on an express lash course if you wish to provide this to your clients.
Some do, some don't. This treatment needs to be removed after 2 weeks so I recommend you use the sensitive glue for express treatments as it causes less damage than the SP glue.
For those of you that offer both sp lashes and express lash which treatment is more popular?
Depends on your client base. I've found clients don't like to mix, once they try individual EE they don't like express. And express clients don't want to pay for individual EE.
I prefer the couch for all treatments.
Depends on how many you are putting in. A regular set, yes. A glam set, no.
I don't provide this treatment because I attract the individual EE clients (and I prefer this treatment). When I did, I charged £30-£40.
Any feedback on express lashes what so ever would be great please xx :Love: Due to how quickly this treatment damages the client's natural lashes, it's a 'quick fix' but not a long term solution.

HTH

Thank you FrancescaM for your frank and honest opinion.
When express lashes first came out I thought about offering them as a service but decided against it as I wanted to build up my sp clients first. I have had a lot of business from people who started off wearing party lashes and after seeing the damage they too can cause at times maybe express lashes are not such a good idea for me. :rolleyes: I often wondered about the lashes natural growth when the wearer had more than one set of express lashes applied one after the other.
Looks like I may need to rethink things.

I agree with everything Francesca has said apart from the last statement.

I offer express lashes and have done for a while. If they are professionally removed with the 2 week period they WILL NOT damage the client's natural lash. Clients do need a break between sets but provided the therapist explains the reasons for this, clients understand that you are only looking after the health of their natural lashes.

I offer both express & SP and agree that clients very definitely prefer one or the other.

Thanks for you reply Elliebee,
do you mind if i ask which treatment you are asked for more often?
Which company did you go for training with for express lashes?

Thanks Again xx

Maybe i am wrong but i never took an extra course to learn express lashes as i knew what i was doing. I called GlamLash (who i trained with) and they said that if my insurance covered 'false lashes', then i was covered. Obviously it does as i do semi perms

I dont us SP lashes but i use the glue i use for my regular full sets for the express lashes yes.

full sets by far. Lots of people try the express then moan when they have to take them off and then return as regular clients for semi perms

absolutely not. much easier with the client lying down, and they feel alot more comfortable

it usually takes me 20-40 minutes depending on how BIG the client wants her express lashes

My normal semi perms are £60 a set, and my express ashes are £35

Hey there, thanks for geting back to me

Maybe i am wrong but i never took an extra course to learn express lashes as i knew what i was doing. I called GlamLash (who i trained with) and they said that if my insurance covered 'false lashes', then i was covered. Obviously it does as i do semi perms
Can i ask how you knew how to apply express lashes?
My insurance only covers me for sp lashes as I am not trained in party lashes or express lashes.
I dont us SP lashes but i use the glue i use for my regular full sets for the express lashes yes.
What lashes do you use for express lashes?

full sets by far. Lots of people try the express then moan when they have to take them off and then return as regular clients for semi perms
Sorry if I am being daft here butwhat do you mean by full sets do you not do full sets of express lashes?
So does this mean you do more sp lashes than express?

absolutely not. much easier with the client lying down, and they feel alot more comfortable

it usually takes me 20-40 minutes depending on how BIG the client wants her express lashes

My normal semi perms are £60 a set, and my express ashes are £35

I have trained separately in SP Lashes and Express Lashes. I did my express lash training with Glam Lash.

I use individual SP lashes and SP glue for my express sets. Same lashes, same glue, just a different application technique and lashes must be removed within 2 weeks (I include price for removal). I'm not sure what other lashes would be used if not SP? Clusters perhaps? If so, this is a different treatment to the one I class as Express Lashes.

For me, individual lashes are definitely more popular but I have some faithful express clients too.

I don't think I could do lashes with a client sitting up but that's just my personal preference.

Latest posts

Back