Orange and yellow advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ohmygorgeous

Reaction score
Hi guys
A friend/new client is looking to go Hayley Williams from paramore orange and yellow.
At the min her hair is around a 5 with bleached slices that r violet ye crazy coloured.
I know I'm going to have to bleach up her hair before I put the colour on but I'm not 100% sure what's best to use( I use rusk) by have access to loreal and wella
I was thinking 9.34 with extra orange mix tone and 9.3 with extra yellow but open to suggestions as I want it vibrant for her

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1347365622.519074.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1347365622.519074.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 1,845
Is the 5 natural or coloured? If coloured then use a bleach bath or stripper. Do rusk do a copper colour? If they do I'd got for a base 7 copper with mix tone. Bleach packets where she wants the yellow and get a yellow crazy colour (or whatever brand you prefer)

The 5 is coloured so will bleach bath it up. Yip rusk have some nice coppers but I'm just not sure wether I'm best doing a permanent or a crazy colour/ directions. She wants it mega bright but doesn't mind touching it up often

Permanent should be fine. Of it starts to fade refresh it with a rusk demi colour

What colour did you use for your copper. You think I'm right going 9.34?
Her hair is already shoulder length and choppy so we r going to do the colour then see how she feels with cut.

To be honest i think hayleys hair is all bleached up and coloured with crazy colours as its pretty vibrant and changes tone a lot. However a maybe less damaging and slightly lower maintenance way would be to use a quasi copper base with copper mix tone and you could use crazy colours over it to top the colour up and make it brighter. Something like directions coral red plus a mixture of daffodil yellow and the coral red for the lighter panels is pretty similar to the photo.
That way when the colour fades there is still that copper base that your client can easily touch up at home with directions.
Im not familiar with rusk colours so i couldnt say what to use but obviously dont use a permanent colour over hair thats been bleach bathed. Quasi will be much less damaging and wont fade so quickly.

I used to have a client like this years back, but darker, we used a 6cc with a full tube of copper mix so maybe give 8cc or 9cc with a tube of mix, that's matrix btw xoxo

Hi your idea sounds good to me,although your orange may fade pretty quick with the pure mix tone? L'oreal majicontrast copper is very vibrant and longer lasting.;-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Hi your idea sounds good to me,although your orange may fade pretty quick with the pure mix tone? L'oreal majicontrast copper is very vibrant and longer lasting.;-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I like majicontrast but you can't use it on her scalp.

See for this you could just use pure mixmaster tone or use 7/44 with more /44

I'm doing a client similar to this in 4 weeks do will take pics

See for this you could just use pure mixmaster tone or use 7/44 with more /44

I'm doing a client similar to this in 4 weeks do will take pics

I'm with Blue on this one... I would probably per-lighten to an orange stage to begin with, so in sections to keep control. And then apply the color for he most vibrant effect.

Half 7/44 and half /44.

( coloring with a 9 will leave you with far to gold an outcome as copper doesn't really exist on that level.)

I think I'll do just that guys. 7.44 and lots more orange mix. The yellow I'm just going to add crazy colour as she's not sure how yellow she wants. Doing it Friday I'll let you know how it goes

Latest posts

Back