Orange Hair!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MobileHair21

Reaction score
I always practice different hair stuff on my mum and she wanted it golden iredescent blonde. 8.31. I use loreal majirel. Her hair was a 4,0 already coloured before and I put a pre lightener on her hair to start with, it turned out orange so i used a 10.01, did her lengths first then the roots. I am guessing I should have used a proper ashy colour, should i put a 9,1 on it to kill some of the warmth as she wanted it a bit of golden blonde in it anyway, but the her roots are a bit lighter. can someone help me? i am real sensitive to messing up hair as i am a petfectionist. I get upset so easily when its not exactly how i want it.

Are you a qualified hairdresser or training??

You have tried to take a big leap in levels. I don't quite understand why you put a 10.01, when your target shade is 8.31.

The best way to have approached this would have been to bleach bath out the old colour to an 8, then put your target shade on, with base and 3%. Just stripping the colour out with bleach will make it orangey, porous and unresponsive to accepting colour.

so should i use a bleach bath to do her hair now as it wont take long to turn that yellow colour? then but the base shade and target shae on or should i use a blue toner?

sweet baby jesus no!!!, dont bleach bath it anymore, u want an 8 not a "yellow" as you so aptly put it. if i were you i would be marching her to the nearest salon for someone to do it properly!

No. Your best bet is to strand test with your target shade. If you have no joy, then maybe a trip to an experienced colourist is in order.

Agree with the above. Don't take it lighter than you need to just to try and remove the orange. If the 8.31 is too gold, switch to 8.13 which is slightly more ashy. As you have already stripped it too much, go target shade with 3%

Thanks for your help guys. I have sorted it now. Turned out a lovely golden blonde after I put a 8.12 on it

Latest posts

Back