Orthopedic mattress?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faefae

Reaction score
Hi all, anyone got one? Which one do you have and is it good? X

I'd be interested in this too, a few said memory foam are great but some say they leave you feeling too hot. I'm like princess and the pea at the mo (got a memory foam topper which only worked for about a week) now trying foam mats on top of my mattress.

Anyone have preferred brands?

Not orthopaedic but I got my double memory foam mattress from pound stretcher almost 3 years ago for £99! Best thing I bought, only there's a dent were I have been lying for the past 3 years now haha x

Just ordered a silent night memo foam zone 7, reduced price, coming tuesday, will let you know if I'm still suffering after trying it (hubby bought online so no idea if it's suitable for me)

I have also been wondering about this as I have alot of pain in bed and my lumpy old mattress is at the end of its life. But are orphopedic mattresses firm? I like really soft but i also dont like to be too hot. I stayed at a hotel last year for a night and the mattress was heavenly! I emailed and asked them what make and it was a sleepeezee hotel pocket spring one. My god though, it was nearly £3000 for the mattress alone! Ouch!

I have a memory foam topped mattress that I got off ebay for 140 quid and it is amazing!

I have a Tempurpedic mattress and I love it.

Hi, I bought an orthopaedic mattress and divan bed base from Bensons for beds for £500. After previously having a cheap mattress off EBay . Since having the new mattress which was a number 4 firmness it is the best we have ever had and sleeping is now wonderful... X

I have also been wondering about this as I have alot of pain in bed and my lumpy old mattress is at the end of its life. But are orphopedic mattresses firm? I like really soft but i also dont like to be too hot. I stayed at a hotel last year for a night and the mattress was heavenly! I emailed and asked them what make and it was a sleepeezee hotel pocket spring one. My god though, it was nearly £3000 for the mattress alone! Ouch!

Ive done that too... Would love a hotel bed from the Radisson xx

I got given a semi orthopedic about 2yrs ago for my little boy, hes now in a double and its a spare, ive slept on it a few times and i have to say its the comfiest thing ive slept on, i prefer it to our memory foam mattress :) id love to know what a full orthopedic feels like :-D xx

Don't have an orthopedic but have a sealy posturepedic. Nice and firm just the way i like it - out last matress was too boucy and thin and you could actually feel the springs xx

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Update- i bought the silent night 7 zone memory foam (on sale on amazon very good bargain). It's firm but not like a brick so it still dips a bit when you sit on it but you don't sink into it. I had a very nice sleep on it and no back ache upon waking :)

I have a tempur mattress, it's the best money I have spent, it takes a bit of getting used too but it's so comfy and I haven't had any back pain since getting it

When stay at my dads house I sleep on an orthopedic mattress. Knowing him, it's the best one you can buy, no idea what make it is, but it's like sleeping on a sheet of iron ! I don't like it, sorry, but I do have a back problem, and it does it good....

So what's the difference between the orthopaedic and a memory foam one? I've suffered with my back for years and desperately want a new mattress but I also want a new bigger bed. I'm tired of not being able to sleep starfish shaped!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Mine and my oh bed is one of those all singing all dancing beds that massages goes up and down legs go up in the air back goes up and down and the mattress is one of those medical for back and all that and I can quite honestly say it gives me worse back ache lol.The massage bit is great the up and down bit is nice if ur watching tv or of you have got a bad leg because you can raise your leg but apart from that it's uncomfortable :(.The OH loves it especially when he's dicking about making the bad go up and down up and down for ages then he does the leg bit up and down up and down lol very annoying x

Hi All,
We have just the firmest orthopaedic mattress there is. Had it four nights now and my back and neck aches have vanished 😃 I must admit I wasn't sure at first if I could sleep on it but its been fab. We had a memory foam mattress before and my other half used to get so hot on it ( not me tho, I love to be toasty warm in bed) and it started to go funny abit like an old sponge and neither of us where sleeping properly.
I always say if you can get a good nights sleep its a lot easier to deal with whatever the next day has to throw at you.
xx

Latest posts

Back