Osmo pre lightener

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairbyj

Reaction score
Hi, I started using this prelightener a month or so ago and had no problems with highlights, however I've brought another tub and the 4 clients I've used it on haven't lifted as they should and have been patchy and just generally not good. I've done loads of highlights before and feel like I'm loosing my marbles!

Has anyone else come across this?

Are you using the matching brand developer or a generic brand?

If you're doing nothing different, it could be a dodgy batch. Do you buy it from your local wholesaler? You could ring and ask if they've had any other complaints.
Or contact Osmo.uk.com and complain that you think it's a dodgy batch as its not working correctly.

Are you using the matching brand developer or a generic brand?

If you're doing nothing different, it could be a dodgy batch. Do you buy it from your local wholesaler? You could ring and ask if they've had any other complaints.
Or contact Osmo.uk.com and complain that you think it's a dodgy batch as its not working correctly.
I use a generic brand and did with the last lot. I've done nothing different. I will contact the wholesalers and Osmo . Thank you for your help.

I use a generic brand and did with the last lot. I've done nothing different. I will contact the wholesalers and Osmo . Thank you for your help.

I think because you're using a generic brand they'll say it's that. And it could well be? You're likely to be using a different bottle of peroxide now than you were with the last bleach.

If youre gonna use a generic peroxide you might as well use generic bleach for all the good it will do. Not really much point contacting osmo they will say the same thing- use the right developer and the product works the way it has been designed to.

If you've used a generic developer, I think you'll struggle to get any recompense. All manufacturers of tint and bleach products firmly state to use their matching developer.

The difference in cost per service is minimal and more importantly, if your client experienced a reaction to the product, your insurer might refuse to cover you.

I wouldn't make a complaint until you can confirm that you've used the products in accordance with the manufacturers instructions. They may ask you to return both the lightener and developer for testing.

Latest posts

Back