Other places rather than a salon to rent rooms

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABDiva

Reaction score
I know lots of people work in salons ,or hairdressers.

But what about other places that may be okay.
I was thinking

*Gyms
*Hotels

anymore?

My friend rents a room in a tattoo shop! Mostly doing nails, I didn't think it'd work but it's in a small town and work is picking up for her so go figure! :)

We plan doing manicures, pedicures and holistic therapies alongside our body piercing studio and body jewellery retail sales.... will wait to see if it works out! (and in an indoor market too)

Along with what has been said, I have know of beauty rooms in underwear shops, florists, holistic centers, even garden centers! hth x

We plan doing manicures, pedicures and holistic therapies alongside our body piercing studio and body jewellery retail sales.... will wait to see if it works out! (and in an indoor market too)

Hi, could I ask if you have had any restrictions put on treatments that you are able to offer at the indoor market? We have one locally and I was considering it as an option.

Gyms tend to be expensive but good advertising and a captive audience! If hotels have the facilities they often already have a therapists but can't hurt to try x

Hi, could I ask if you have had any restrictions put on treatments that you are able to offer at the indoor market? We have one locally and I was considering it as an option.

Hello

My Salon is within an Mall which is basically an Indoor Market. I have been there since March and it is going so well I am moving to a bigger unit. I do not have running water within my unit so have to leave to fill up pedicure bowls etc but it is only a few meters away so never caused any big issues. I only offer nails at the moment but am training in other beauty treatments. I have a pretty room divider screen that I use when clients need a little bit of privacy. It is an ideal starting place for me as I didn;t want to borrow money to set up and the rent / rates are rock bottom and includes all my utilities. I do have restiction, like opening hours and not having access to my salon once the market is closed but other than that it is all okay. I am glad I chose this as my first salon x Hope this helps some, if you have any questions I have not covered you know where I am. There is a pic of my salon on my website if you want to have a peek. The pic is my current unit, the new one is still being decorated etc x

www.gorgeous-tips.com

Hello Sammylou. I would think there would be no restrictions as long as you have the qualifications and correct insurance - our market is very strict and have to have copies of it all. And also any local authority registrations - same as you would in a shop.

We basically took on 2 stalls and built one into a retail unit and the other into a piercing studio. Here are some photos

Plymouth Body Piercing Studio

The market is a great place to start because there is no long lease if anything goes wrong. We are taking another stall on to do the nails and holistic therapies in July - but will probably do the pedicures and holistic therapies in the piercing studio which is more private and has water. If the nails go ok then I think we will go for a shop for it all as it will be cheaper then renting 3 stalls and you can open outside of market hours - ie Sunday.

Gorgeous tips your unit is lovely! I am pleased to hear you are doing well - that gives me confidence that ours might - I was a bit worried that being in a market could put nail customers off. What is your new unit like? x

Leisure centres are good places and I've seen someone at a boot sale too - not the type that just pop up every now and again - an indoor regular one.

It is in a gazebo so private and there was someone sat outside taking bookings and the therapist inside working. She did waxing, mani, pedi & acrylic nails. She was always fully booked for the day (and had no appointments left by 10am).

I thought about doing spray tanning there but have not looked into it properly yet as there were a few issues I thought of that needed to be resolved (like getting people to know what prep needs doing beforehand, security of peoples belongings when they are tanning and being on my own so not able to book and tan at same time).

Hi,

I've seen consulting rooms to hire in places that do physiotherapy, private medical buildings and even serviced offices. If you search for 'clinic rooms to let' or 'consulting rooms to let' online there are agencies and forums advertising them.

I've even seen some rooms in places like Alderley Edge for like £7 an hour!

Adam

wow what an amazing response!!!!!
Thanks everyone for taking the time to respond. So many interesting ideas for me to look in to.

Geoorgus Tips..............loverly :lol: i think your unit if FAB

Thanks you soo much

I know! I just wish I could split myself up and work in them all!

X

I rent a room above a salon the rooms used to be offices it's only £35 per week and that includes rates electricity, water, music licence and Internet access i am moving in this weekend and can't wait it's right in the town centre so hopefully plenty of passing trade! I am just renting the one to start with for nails and spray tan but hope to move on to beauty treatments maybe get a power plate in or something x

I rent a room above a salon the rooms used to be offices it's only £35 per week and that includes rates electricity, water, music licence and Internet access i am moving in this weekend and can't wait it's right in the town centre so hopefully plenty of passing trade! I am just renting the one to start with for nails and spray tan but hope to move on to beauty treatments maybe get a power plate in or something x

Oh my god!
What a bargin, lucky you.
Good luck with your new venture x

Thanks my Hubby has finished decorating it today just got to add a few finishing touches

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1306619226.024135.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1306619226.024135.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 337
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1306619329.808764.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1306619329.808764.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 165

Latest posts

Back