Ouch-nail split

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steph86

Reaction score
Ive caught my little finger nail, its split at each side maybe all the way across but it is still attached to my nail bed it is SO sore.

😢

It is just a gel overlay on my natural nail my plan was to soak it off tomorrow & do a silk repair. But ive caught it again & its throbbing.

Wont let me upload picture :(

Xx

You need to make the break stable. It is the movement that is making it sore and throbbing.

Shorten the nail so it doesn't catch. Clean the area, disinfect and then glue the break with nail adhesive to give the break a chance to grow out. You can go over with a thicker coat of gel in a day or two to let it grow out completely before removing.

You need to make the break stable. It is the movement that is making it sore and throbbing.

Shorten the nail so it doesn't catch. Clean the area, disinfect and then glue the break with nail adhesive to give the break a chance to grow out. You can go over with a thicker coat of gel in a day or two to let it grow out completely before removing.

Thank you Geeg, yes il take your advice to repair it now. You are right, when it moves its starts hurting, thankfully it is a little less painful this morning.

Xx

Latest posts

Back