Ovatu for iPad and iPhone

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tashytootoo

Reaction score
Good Evening Geeks,

I've seen a few of you recommend Ovatu so yesterday I finally got myself an iPad (wooo!) and downloaded Ovatu. Atm I'm currently using the free version - do you geeks just use that or has anyone upgraded to the pro? And if so, how do you do that?? I know that seems silly but it says to visit the website but I can't see on there anywhere how to sign up/pay?

Also, I downloaded it on my iPad first and am now trying to get it on my iPhone too (as I prob won't always have my iPad on me as it's just wifi only) - but now it's wanting me to start again on my iPhone - how can I sync it up so that the data that's still on my iPad on Ovatu goes onto my iPhone???

And finally, presumably Ovatu can be used when offline too?

Sorry for all the questions, and hoping a nice geek can come along and help me out!!! xxxx

Ovatu can be used offline, and you say you have an iPhone, is it an iPhone 4 or above? If so go on settings and in the first block it says personal hotspot, your 3G signal can be used as wifi, but to be honest once you have it you needn't use Internet. Sorry I'm no use with using both but I'm sure when I downloaded it it said it can only send data to multiple devices (iPad, I phone, laptop and pc) when on the pro version.

Have you scanned in your product barcodes yet to save having to remember their price's? Xoxo

Ovatu can be used offline, and you say you have an iPhone, is it an iPhone 4 or above? If so go on settings and in the first block it says personal hotspot, your 3G signal can be used as wifi, but to be honest once you have it you needn't use Internet. Sorry I'm no use with using both but I'm sure when I downloaded it it said it can only send data to multiple devices (iPad, I phone, laptop and pc) when on the pro version.

Have you scanned in your product barcodes yet to save having to remember their price's? Xoxo

Ooh no I've not gotten that far - just set up my treatments and my upcoming appointments! Will have a play with the products.

Ahh yes I think that may be the problem and that I need to go pro to get it on my iPhone as well...how do I go pro??? And how much is it roughly anyone know?!

Thanks for your reply Tomme xx

Ooh no I've not gotten that far - just set up my treatments and my upcoming appointments! Will have a play with the products.

Ahh yes I think that may be the problem and that I need to go pro to get it on my iPhone as well...how do I go pro??? And how much is it roughly anyone know?!

Thanks for your reply Tomme xx

On manage it says to log in, guessing you can sign up tere. Xoxo

Ahh I've finally worked it out (took me long enough!). I had I go to their website and sign up for their 30 day free trial first...so we'll see how that goes :)

Thanks for your help xx

Hi just found your thread on a search so hope you don't mind me crashing in!!

I've just got my iPad and the ovatu app. Looks great and I like the idea of the full version so I can sync between iPhone and pad but can only find the price for the pro edition in $ on the website, can we do it in British pounds too?

Also I had trouble with the barcode scanning! Any tips? Thanks xx

Hi just found your thread on a search so hope you don't mind me crashing in!!

I've just got my iPad and the ovatu app. Looks great and I like the idea of the full version so I can sync between iPhone and pad but can only find the price for the pro edition in $ on the website, can we do it in British pounds too?

On the website I had to register for the 30 day free trial or whatever it is. That then enabled me to sync between my iPhone and iPad but it changed everything to dollars. So I emailed their support and they changed it to pounds practically straight away. Their customer service has been great! I'm not sure what the British prices are but I might email them and ask to know for then the trial period is up ask think its a great app.

Not sure re the scanning bit but would be interested to know....xx

On the website I had to register for the 30 day free trial or whatever it is. That then enabled me to sync between my iPhone and iPad but it changed everything to dollars. So I emailed their support and they changed it to pounds practically straight away. Their customer service has been great! I'm not sure what the British prices are but I might email them and ask to know for then the trial period is up ask think its a great app.

Not sure re the scanning bit but would be interested to know....xx

Thanks Tashytootoo!!

It looks really good I'm so excited about my professional looking appointment book! I may give the free trial a go then on your recommendation and email them about prices.

Thanks again

Thanks Tashytootoo!!

It looks really good I'm so excited about my professional looking appointment book! I may give the free trial a go then on your recommendation and email them about prices.

Thanks again

Yeh do it - let me know how you get on with it! xx

I downloaded the free version two weeks ago and love it, but like you say I would like it to be on my iphone too and I think the paid one is backed up. So if you find out, please let us know what the cost is.
PS have any of you worked out how to put in personal reminders.
Thanks geeks x

I downloaded the free version two weeks ago and love it, but like you say I would like it to be on my iphone too and I think the paid one is backed up. So if you find out, please let us know what the cost is.
PS have any of you worked out how to put in personal reminders.
Thanks geeks x

Hi, I signed up after the trial period. It works out about £6.50 at month I think. When you go to set up monthly payments it converts it . It's great and well worth it xx

I have the free version on my phone. The scanner is working fine.
If its to add one its
Manage-product-edit-new product-barcode then let it photograph te barcode (you then don't need to add the sku code)
If its to sell a product to a non client then have a client named a saved (or something like walk in) you then...
Sales-type a-add products- there's a barcode in the top right press- let the camera take photo of barcode. Xoxo

Hi, I signed up after the trial period. It works out about £6.50 at month I think. When you go to set up monthly payments it converts it . It's great and well worth it xx
Ah thanks for that, sounds like a good deal! X

I have the free version on my phone. The scanner is working fine.
If its to add one its
Manage-product-edit-new product-barcode then let it photograph te barcode (you then don't need to add the sku code)
If its to sell a product to a non client then have a client named a saved (or something like walk in) you then...
Sales-type a-add products- there's a barcode in the top right press- let the camera take photo of barcode. Xoxo

Thanks Tomme, my scanner wasn't doing anything but ill try it again following your instructions :0)

Thanks Tomme, my scanner wasn't doing anything but ill try it again following your instructions :0)

I will also give your directions a go Tomme - thanks!

I emailed Ovatu and they said their uk prices are:
Solo: £7/m
Small: £13/m
Medium: £22/m
Large: £32/m

I presume solo is enough to be able to use on both iPad and iPhone? Will have to investigate on their website further xx

I will also give your directions a go Tomme - thanks!

I emailed Ovatu and they said their uk prices are:
Solo: £7/m
Small: £13/m
Medium: £22/m
Large: £32/m

I presume solo is enough to be able to use on both iPad and iPhone? Will have to investigate on their website further xx

Brilliant! Yes all features are the same except number of employees. So solo will do for me as a Billy no mates! X

Brilliant! Yes all features are the same except number of employees. So solo will do for me as a Billy no mates! X

Haha and me!

Hey,
Have any of you tried mychair also?
I am currently using mychair which I love but it has so many bugs and crashes so much at the moment :( just wondered if anyone can offer a comparison?
Kxx

Hey,
Have any of you tried mychair also?
I am currently using mychair which I love but it has so many bugs and crashes so much at the moment :( just wondered if anyone can offer a comparison?
Kxx

No, sorry! Altho I did look at mychair as well as ovatu but in the end I decided I liked the sound and features of ovatu better so went with ovatu. I have heard good things about mychair tho! x

Latest posts

Back