Over pigmented skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachael204

Reaction score
Morning geeks - hoping someone can help me please.

I have just been away and got a light tan and it has really highlighted the darker pigmented skin on my upper lip. So much so my Mum commented on it (no did you have a nice time, just "What's that on your face!!"

Just wondering if there is anything I can do to even it out, get rid etc.

Will try and upload a photo x

A session or two of IPL Photorejuvenation will sort it out.

There are a couple of products and treatments that can help with pigmented skin. However, as you know, we can't really diagnose and treat remotely; a therapist would need to see it, and discuss existing meds and contras.

I would always recommend Obagi products for pigmentation. They are prescription only so you would have to visit a dermatologist of nurse prescriber. IPL may work but any exposure to UV light will re activate the melanocytes. You maybe looking at a lifetime of treatment now with anti pigmentation products to keep it under control.

I had laser and that peel that made me look like I had been in a car accident, neither worked! hormonal for me, keeping off the sunbeds helps.

Latest posts

Back