Paid for training then employee left

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donnalm

Reaction score
I own a hair and beauty salon and hired a beautician back in September. January came and I wanted to add a new massage to our list of treatments. I paid for the beautician to attend training, even took the day off to take her up and be her model. She just left with no notice last week on personal grounds, nothing to do with work, i just got a text message to say she wasn't coming back.
Do I have a right to ask for the money back for the training?

You can ask but she doesn’t have to repay anything.
You would only have entitlement to a proportion of the training fee if your employee had agreed and signed a (legally drafted) contract setting out the terms of any agreement before she attended the training.

You can ask but she doesn’t have to repay anything.
You would only have entitlement to a proportion of the training fee if your employee had agreed and signed a (legally drafted) contract setting out the terms of any agreement before she attended the training.
Thanks AcidPerm, I'll put this down to experience. Just raging at myself the amount i invested for this ti happen. Id only spoke about going to see a solitor not long ago to get a contract done up, my own fault foe not doing it quicker

You live and learn. At least it was a short course and not a full level 2 or 3. ;)

Thanks AcidPerm, I'll put this down to experience. Just raging at myself the amount i invested for this ti happen. Id only spoke about going to see a solitor not long ago to get a contract done up, my own fault foe not doing it quicker
Contact the NHF. They're great for contracts, legal advice etc if you go down the employment route again x

It’s amazing how often we see this happen. So don’t feel too bad. You’ll know to get them to sign an agreement next time.

Latest posts

Back