Painful Finger Under Nail Advice Please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melons

Reaction score
Hi Guys
I have had my acrylic nails on a couple of weeks. My little finger has become painful.
I have filed very gently to thin it.
Have soaked it in salt water. I can hardly bear any heated water
It looked like their was a tiny hairline crack in the acrylic.
Any ideas how to help sort it out???
Thanks in advance:eek:

Sounds like you have cracked the acrylic and your own nail has cracked underneath with it. You can remove all of the acrylic and it will hurt like hell or you can put some more acrylic over the top to prevent it from moving too much. It will hurt a little for a while but will mend. This is one of the most painful ways to damage a nail and you are not alone, I have done this before!:cry:

Yes it does hurt like hell! Little acrylic like the lady said will help cut the pain.

Thanks for that. Is it that easy to crack it? I haven't banged it?
I feel like sticking a pin in it to see if anything comes out!!!
Am thinking the acrylic was thin but can't imagine I would have filed my natural nail but it looks so thin and pink.
Oh dear
If i put more acrylic on I will have to scrub fresh on which might hurt ahhhhhh
Need to put my brave boots on
:Grope:

If you filed it to much before you put the acrylic on then yes. If the nail bed was very thin to begin with then yes. You might not have even noticed the crack when you 1st started.

If you filed it to much before you put the acrylic on then yes. If the nail bed was very thin to begin with then yes. You might not have even noticed the crack when you 1st started.

I think Sachi means if the nail PLATE was very thin (not the nail bed).

Sometimes we are not even aware when we hit a nail straight on and it cracks.

I would open the crack and apply some Scrubfresh or Nailfresh, then add a drop of adhesive into the crack and hold shut until it dries, then overlay on the top with a bit more product to keep it rigid. Then shorten so you don't break it again. The pain will go immediately. For goodness sake don't go sticking pins into it. :eek:

I think Sachi means if the nail PLATE was very thin (not the nail bed).

Sometimes we are not even aware when we hit a nail straight on and it cracks.

I would open the crack and apply some Scrubfresh or Nailfresh, then add a drop of adhesive into the crack and hold shut until it dries, then overlay on the top with a bit more product to keep it rigid. Then shorten so you don't break it again. The pain will go immediately. For goodness sake don't go sticking pins into it. :eek:

OOPS meant plate! LOL! Kids running and yelling in and out all day makes brain numb! :o

Latest posts

Back