Painful please help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hellsbells86

Reaction score
sorry me again!
need serious help,!!
i went on a gel/acrylic course and the girl filed my nail down to put extensions on as we was practising on each other and the end of course, and the gels need filing off as you cant soak off.
but my nail is red and wafer thin and i mean thin and cant file them as it hurts.
She has filed right down to my nail bed and it hurts!
What do i do as the gel is now cracked and looks a mess!!!!:cry:

sorry me again!
need serious help,!!
i went on a gel/acrylic course and the girl filed my nail down to put extensions on as we was practising on each other and the end of course, and the gels need filing off as you cant soak off.
but my nail is red and wafer thin and i mean thin and cant file them as it hurts.
She has filed right down to my nail bed and it hurts!
What do i do as the gel is now cracked and looks a mess!!!!:cry:

For now I would just make it nice and short. providing none of the gel is rough, just leave it alone, if it really looks unsightly put some polish over it.
Or a plaster, it helps to remind you not use it:lol:
Give it a couple of days and you'll find the soreness will fade.
With a very thin natural nail it's better to leave the gel in place to grow out because it will stop the free edge from fraying and splitting.

ive just been filing off the gel on my other nails and had to stop. as they are all quite thin!
What it was i had natural nails put on, and you have to file down so they blend in, and she had to file alot for them to blend in with my natural nail. my nails look awful as there are bits of cracked gel on each nail and my nails are now short as they have broken off as they like paper!:cry:

I feel like i dont want to offer natural nail tips as you have to file down to blen the tip, im not keen as what has happened to me. and i want to offer a treatment where your nails can grow underneath and become stronger not weaker!

It isn't only natral tips this can happen with any colored tips, and even over doing the prep when sculpting or doing a natral overlay ....

But it dosent have to happen , it is a learning curve honey,
don't be scared of doing nails from this insted learn from it what not to do :)

My guess is the tips wear cheep and thick ? The files cheep and dull , I might be totaly wrong about that but even with good quallity stuff in the hands of a beginer who may not know the diffrent ways to hold the file / blend a tip , and be nurvouse to this is what happens ,

when blending a tip the file shuld not be on the nAtral nail , I think sometimes the word "blending" is miss leading it makes you want to kind of rub it in To thd natral nail dosent it?
When " taking away" the edge is morewhat your doing .

It takes time to learn these things , but please don't think of not offering enhancements , no nail searvice shuld hurt .

Will you get a chance to get or give feed back on the nails? Wear you ment to try to keep them on for a rebalance class?

No it was a day course, it was a good course dont get me wrong. So no i dont go back.
So let me get this right i blend the tip edge into the nail not actuallt filing the nail. thats what i did on the other lady.
And to do infills i file down the gel/acryilc so its a even and do a fresh coat or do i start where the infil needs to go ie above cuticle.

Infil's and rebalance are just not as simple as they may seem,
sadly it seems alot of classes skip them totaly ,

When I was at collage doing an NVQ we wear toled how ... ( not shown and we didn't do any practical) just toled ,

scince then I've done 2 121 classes on it and a master rebalance class, the thing that clicked with me?

It's file control!

Same with tipping , it's how you hold and control the file,

Geeg has written sevral tutorials on this site
and in her book,

By the way ,How do you know you didn't over file her nails to?

i asked the tutor if i was doing it right. that i was just filing tip and not nail and she said i was doing it right. so hopefully i didnt.

Yeah they went over it quickly but didnt show us!

can you tell me which site has tutorials? do you mean on here?

At some point though I think you would do well to go on some more classes , learn infill's / re-balance as once you are an established tech this will become a much higher % of your work than doing full set's,

Thanks alot for your help, and yes il def do another course x

Latest posts

Back