Painful where iv had extensions!? please help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmaz

Reaction score
Hey Geeks

Just had micro rings done this afternoon, a weft then micro rings attached it to my hair. Looks lovely but its quite painful, feels tight and when i touch my head near the weft bit its sore, any ideas? please help! is it maybe because they are tight at first?

Last edited:
Hair extensions should not hurt, or feel tight. All you should feel is that your hair is heavier than before. You need to go straight back to the salon, as this can cause damage to your natural hair if left.

Its more sore than anything where the microrings have been attatched to my hair, is this normal at first with microrings? If i touch my head where the attatchments are or near that area its sore

Like persainista said they shouldnt hurt or be sore, your scalp is giving you a warning i suggest you act on it .

Thanks guys will call up tomorrow. If i have to have them removed... will i have to pay for that!? or should i get my money back i mean this has cost me lots to have it done today!

You shouldnt have to pay if they want to keep your custom ,If you were my client i would remove and put back in for free and maybe throw a aftercare product in as sweetner as i would feel TERRIBLE :eek:

I think you'll find this will pass. There is a tendency to feel some discomfort from the bonds in the first day or two when leaned on or pressed on. This is very common and well known. Your technician should really have warned you about it. It is not likely to be damaging your hair at all but is rather what I call 'pony tail' pain. Lol. It is where the hair is kept in one place in each bond instead of being able to move around as it is used to. You will be familiar with this kind of soreness if you've ever had a pony tail. Usually is noticable when you take it out at the end of the day.
This should pass after the first day or so. If it continues or is really unacceptable then it is worth getting your technician to check it out as as one possibility is that your sections have not been carefully done...maybe too wide or not symmetrical.
Good luck

Linda

Ive been doing extensions for 10 years now,and have been wearing them for the same,and mine are sore when i first have them done,for about 3 days,but then again my head gets sore when i i have my hair put-up, i guess we all have different pain thresholds, but they shouldnt be hurting you, if they are hurting, theyre probably too tight, or havent been sectioned properly, i would give it 2 days,and see if the pain subsides, if it doesnt, they MUST come out
good luck, kate x

Has it stopped hurting?
what was the out come?
x

Hey Geeks

Just had micro rings done this afternoon, a weft then micro rings attached it to my hair. Looks lovely but its quite painful, feels tight and when i touch my head near the weft bit its sore, any ideas? please help! is it maybe because they are tight at first?

I think the section of your own hair is too small. Therefore the whole weight of the weft is concentrated on these small areas of your scalp. If this is not the case, in my opinion, just wait for 3 days and it should stop. Sometimes you just have to get used to your hair extensions.

Hair Extensions by Natalana. Mobile in South Wales and South West England - mobile hair extensions

Latest posts

Back