Painting my brand new Ikea table -help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Getnailed0x

Reaction score
Hello Geeks! I just got back from a trip to the closest Ikea.. it only took 2 hours to get there! But I needed a hands on approach on picking a nail table to my specific needs. Boy am I glad I went instead of buying offline! what I originally thought in my head did not work at all. I wanted to get the Glasholm table top with the ullrik storage but they didn't have black and once I sat down at a desk it was way too small and they didn't have any others in stock, so I bit the bullet and made myself choose since I went all that way. I decided to go with the Linnmon/Alex storage. I love it! but it's white!! I wanted black, all my other storage rolling carts are black, my chairs are black and the salon that I am going to matches with black not white... So here is my question, What can I use to paint it and with hold everyday use? I'm in the process of getting tempered glass cut and beveled to match the tabletop length to keep acetone and polish from ruining it. thanks

This is what I went with
linnmon-alex-table__0199907_PE358592_S4.JPG

sand everything lightly and use a really good tinted primer first since you painting black (most likely dark grey). primer is gonna be your key to getting the paint to stick to the cheap laminate. purchase a good quality paint and youll be fine, although ikea furniture like this is best bought in the color you want :p good luck!

sand everything lightly and use a really good tinted primer first since you painting black (most likely dark grey). primer is gonna be your key to getting the paint to stick to the cheap laminate. purchase a good quality paint and youll be fine, although ikea furniture like this is best bought in the color you want :p good luck!

I know I should have waited to get it in black but I'm starting my job in a week or so and I needed it now. Not to mention since its a long way always lol. I may just suck it up and deal with it being white lol. I would hate to ruin it since this is my first DIY job lol. I was hoping someone else had already done it and knew what to do lol

I know I should have waited to get it in black but I'm starting my job in a week or so and I needed it now. Not to mention since its a long way always lol. I may just suck it up and deal with it being white lol. I would hate to ruin it since this is my first DIY job lol. I was hoping someone else had already done it and knew what to do lol

if you research in on google, theres a ton of people who have actually done it. they all recommend what i suggested :p

Check ikea hackers - google it as I can't remember if its .com or net. By far one of my all time fave websites, I Love it!! X good luck with painting and the new job xx

You can buy the vinyl sticker type stuff you can get it in some wilkinsons or on eBay...it just sticks....if you paint it you might need to be careful if you spill glue or acetone on it?...I've not done it before so may be wrong but have done my wardrobe doors with it and it just peels off to recover again and wipes clean xx

Latest posts

Back