Painting over acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Louise2019

Reaction score
hi ladies.

I've been doing my own acrylic nails and painting them with just regular nail polish. No base coat and no top coat and they last up to 4 weeks with absolutely NO chipping etc.
I'm a busy mum of 4 with my hands constantly in water.

Anyone else do this? Do most clients prefare gel polish?

hi ladies.

I've been doing my own acrylic nails and painting them with just regular nail polish. No base coat and no top coat and they last up to 4 weeks with absolutely NO chipping etc.

Honestly i don't even have regular polish anymore as i haven't got asked for it a very long time, in my opinion gel polish is certainly the way to go!

hi ladies.

I rarely put Gel Polish over enhancements, L&P or Gel, as normal polish lasts perfectly well, I do Top Coat as unsealed polish can leave marks on paper/textiles/etc so it's better to seal it, plus top coat leaves it shinier.

Gel Polish is expensive on a 'cost per service' basis, probably 6 times more expensive than polish, works perfectly well and I have more colours than Gel Polish - so I steer clients in that direction.

If they want Gel Polish over enhancements then I charge extra, normal polish is part of the initial price.

I use gel polish although I charge extra for it. Clients would rather pay the extra and have the high gloss and not have to wait on it drying.
I have one client that prefers normal polish as it lasts longer than the gel polish on her

I do like polish over acrylic as its much thinner sometimes gel looks too thick. Whites and blacks look better with polish than gel.
But gel works better for things like glitter and stamping

I do like polish over acrylic as its much thinner sometimes gel looks too thick. Whites and blacks look better with polish than gel.
But gel works better for things like glitter and stamping
I agree, polish lasts superbly over acrylics and is thinner, gel can look a little thick over enhancements

I agree, polish lasts superbly over acrylics and is thinner, gel can look a little thick over enhancements

Yep I hate that thick bulky look.

Thanks so much. Great to know this. X

I don't even use a polish range anymore, the smudging getting their money, keys, touching their phone etc etc was enough to put me off being a nail tech!! :D

Latest posts

Back