Paleo diet

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crystaltash

Reaction score
Hi geeks. Just after a bit of advice. I've been following the Paleo way if eating now for 4 weeks. After a pretty grim diet of lots of processed stuff and chocolate and crisps, it's the best I've eaten for a very long time....If ever.
However, aside from the 3 lbs I lost after the 1st week, the scales haven't budged. Like, literally not 1 ounce. My measurements may have dropped like half an inch around my tummy but apart from that....nothing.
I don't feel the energy spike the book said I would....If anything I feel more tired! Something just doesn't seem right and I'm wondering if any of you out there have any experience with this.
I really did think the weight would melt off me but nothing is happening. Apart from a 30 min walk with the dogs, I haven't began exercising yet as I wanted to get my eating habits right first. Can anyone help me? Xxxx

Hiya
I've done paleo on and off for a few years and always feel fabulous on it, plus I lose half a stone or so in a couple of weeks.

Are you sure you're eating enough? There's so much you can't eat ... I used to double up on meat & fish portions and snack on hard boiled eggs or nuts. Make sure you're getting enough calories.

The only thing I would say is don't overdo the fruit, it's healthy but the sugar content is quite high. And juice and dried fruit. It really hinders progress.

Are you taking a vitamin/mineral supplement at all? Sometimes when you leave certain food groups out you might miss out on certain vitamins, depending on the rest of your diet. xx

What about the Keto diet? Perhaps your better suited to that.
Re-adjusting your macros can also help.

X

Latest posts

Back