Pamper Parties, what are your views on payment and cancellations...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisa.sharrock

Reaction score
I offer pamper parties and have noticed quite differing advice on payment terms and in particular cancellations etc.

What are your thoughts on the following:

Payment

Balance on the day of the pamper party in cash? I'd have thought pretty risky in case party don't show...

Balance to be paid 7 - 14 days prior to the party?

Balance to be paid as soon as treatments have been decided and returned with completed and signed booking form/terms and conditions?

Cancelletions

Some offer a refund of any money paid (excluding deposit) if the party is cancelled with at least 7 days notice? Surely that allows the guest to cancel with only a week to spare? If you're doing a large party or are sharing a party with a therapist then that means you're down financially?

Do you offer refunds for no-shows or cancellations??

I'm just curious here as it there are no hard and fast rules, for instance if it was a holiday you were booking, you'd have to pay 12 weeks before departure and if there's a cancellation you'd be pretty hard pushed to get any refund.

Don't want to look too strict and at the same time don't want to leave myself open to time-wasters/non-payers and be out of pocket with not much chance of re-booking any appointments.

Would appreciate your thoughts. :)

I've only done spray tan parties and I insist on 50% down to confirm the booking and the balance on the night, before I tan, I tell them it's so they are not feeling rushed after the tan and routeing in handbags with the risk of transfering tan which they will later brush against.
Truth?
A none returnable deposit of 50% means they turn up, in the unlikely event that some don't turn up the hostess still gets her free tan and I'm still in profit. No one 'forgets' to bring money with them:smack:
Cancelations, well again the profit margin in tanning is good enough that if I end up with an evening in front of my t.v. instead of in front of 6 shivering clients, I can be relaxed about it.
I do offer mani or pedicure with the tans but don't do any other service, I live in mortal fear of someone wanting a princess party, but will bite the bullet once I've qualified with makeup so will be interested to hear other peeps ways of dealing with this.

Latest posts

Back