Panicking regarding client's nail art request

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca@PolishedToPerfection

Reaction score
I have my 2nd client on Monday and she asked for white tip acrylics with simple nail art. Now she's just messaged me these pictures are said she wants something like this! I can't do 3d acrylic or one stroke and I only have regular rhinestones. I don't think I can do any of the designs she wants! What do I say to her? X

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1437031779.676037.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1437031795.828768.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1437031811.909527.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1437031826.088130.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1437031838.229409.jpg

Do you have any pics of what you have done? If so, let her see them.
She's just giving you an idea of what sort of nail art she likes.

As she's sent you several different pics and asked for simple nail art, I don't think she's expecting you to reproduce any of those designs exactly, but wants something pretty and elegant.

Start from the position of explaining to her what you can do, not what you can't. Let her decide.

Last edited:
Here's a couple I did might give you an idea. I don't do one stroke either, they are acrylic paint and free hand. I'm no nail art expert, I haven't even done that much on clients really. If you get any time in between clients I just practice ideas on these pop sticks so I am ready! Plus I love nail art wish I had more people want it. You could obviously swap colours about and such. Feel free to use as inspiration, if you do and can tag my Facebook page - Rebecca Beevers Nail Tech it would be appreciated x

Attachments

• 1437032623241.jpg
    1437032623241.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 192
  • 1437032655873.jpg
    1437032655873.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 174
  • 1437032678770.jpg
    1437032678770.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 170
Be honest with her and tell her u don't do 3d acrylic and one stroke.
But do you have any stamps. you can do a nude nail then stamp over using white polish and add some clear gems.

I wouldn't panic clients often bring me pics that are quite out there and if it's really beyond my remit I'll try and give them an alternative.
They have no idea what goes into nail art and how it's done so sometimes I have to bring them back down to earth lol

FB_IMG_1437033738948.jpg FB_IMG_1437033662810.jpg
These weren't for weddings but they are suitable

Always be honest with clients about what you can and can't do, so you and they can manage their expectations. Do you offer stamping? If so you could just say that whilst you're not able to perfectly recreate some of those nails you could certainly work with that theme and provide her with something equally beautiful but more personal. Their are some lovely lace effect stamps available and with some gems added I'm sure she would be thrilled with what you can provide for her.

Thank you for your replies everyone, you've made me feel a lot better! I've messaged her and just said I won't be able to replicate exactly as that is quite advanced nail art but I can definitely come up with something along those lines. I've told her I'll have a play over the weekend. The frustrating thing is, I'm quite good at nail art! I can do free hand no problem but I can't do what she sent me! Thanks again everyone :) x

I would get a stamp kit and have a play, it really is easy to use and gives great patterns that look hand drawn! If anyone asks me for a design I get my stamper out and get them to choose, I wouldn't attempt to hand draw something like that, even though I'm a good artist...just haven't got the time to practice!!

Latest posts

Back