paraffin bath

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolep

Reaction score
Hi all, as some of you know I have been struggling with my parafin bath, it is a remingtion. it has not temp. control just a on and off swith. I just can not get the temp right for clients. and I have one first thing in the morning! I am melting the wax, leaving a slight peice at the bottom unmelted so the client will not burn on the base when hand or foot is inserted. Now the problem is once the unit is switched off how long do i let it stand for to cool? should I allow a skin to form on the wax?? Please help!

I don't know the answer to your questions as i don't own one
but personally i would get in touch with Remington and explain how dangerous their model is and ask for a full refund.
so you can invest in one with a temperature control,
how would they like it if someone tried to sue them because they had been burnt hth

Generally your paraffin takes a couple hours to set to a hardened state, if that's what you're trying to figure out. I would try scooping out some paraffin into a plastic bag, then insert the hand/foot and squish it around to cover (you should only need a couple ounces). This way you shouldn't have to worry about the client getting burned on the unit and you don't have to melt the paraffin all the way through.

Good Luck!,

Shiloh

I never placed the clients hand or foot directly into the parafin wax bath!

I used a small plastic bowl placed inside a small food bag and then scooped some out then used this with a brush to cover the hand or foot.

Once used all you do is turn the bag inside out and bin it and the dish is clean ready for the next client.

If the wax is hot once you have transfered from the pot to the dish then the brush to skin it will be at the right temp and shouldnt burn HTH

Generally your paraffin takes a couple hours to set to a hardened state, if that's what you're trying to figure out. I would try scooping out some paraffin into a plastic bag, then insert the hand/foot and squish it around to cover (you should only need a couple ounces). This way you shouldn't have to worry about the client getting burned on the unit and you don't have to melt the paraffin all the way through.

Good Luck!,

Shiloh
I tried this method and didn't like it, I felt that the wax got HOTTER after the inital contact.

So I do the bowl and brush method too.

Interesting, I've never had my wax get hotter once it's out of the bath??:eek:

Strange. . .

Latest posts

Back