Paraffin/heated mitts

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dingbat

Reaction score
Hi, could any please help me?
I need to know a couple of things which I didn't learn at college.
Doing parafin teatment on hands. How often do you need to change the wax? I will be dipping the hands in.
Sterex ok before use?
Warnings not to be used.....
Thanks

Hi there,

I shouldn't think would need to change the wax unless there bits floarting around in it...which I think would be highy unlikely! lol
You should be sanitizing your clients hands beofre the entire treatment anyway so it should be fine. You would only need to add more wax and not replace.

Just makes sure you are not putting any used wax back into the heater! hth xx

Just make sure that the hands are totally sanitised before dipping them into the wax, otherwise you will contaminate the wax and will have to change the lot.

Im not sure about sterex, but I use CoolBlue, after washing the hands thouroughly with scentsations and giving the client a hand soak. hth's xx

i never dip hands in the parrafin wax as they will contaminate it i always pour it into a plastic bowl with foil and brush it on that way and always throw the the used wax away it is the most hygenic way and the way i was taught

You should never have to change it. Unless again, there are bit floating in it. Paraffin contains no water to bacteria can't grow in it. Virus' are another thing tho so make sure there are no warts or fungus! If there is I use a soup ladle to put some paraffin into a baggie (the ones that are made for paraffin use are the easiest) and then squish it around their hands.

i never dip hands in the parrafin wax as they will contaminate it i always pour it into a plastic bowl with foil and brush it on that way and always throw the the used wax away it is the most hygenic way and the way i was taught

I believe there has been many arguments on her about parafin wax being contaminated and I believe it has been proven that it cannot get contaminated.

Will try and find some threads on it - back in a min!

OK

This is a thread from a while back discussing the pros and cons about dipping into parafin wax - there is a post on there from MissNailsPro (post no 15) with a statement from some medical bod explaining the reasons why it cannot be contaminated.

parafin wax thread

I must add that I am still on the fence about this issue, but I dont do parafin was often enough to worry about it too much!

HTH

You should never have to change it. Unless again, there are bit floating in it. Paraffin contains no water to bacteria can't grow in it. Virus' are another thing tho so make sure there are no warts or fungus! If there is I use a soup ladle to put some paraffin into a baggie (the ones that are made for paraffin use are the easiest) and then squish it around their hands.

I'm still at college learning, but we have been taught that if a client has warts or fungus (especially warts) not to treat them as they are highly contagious. If you were to still carry out the treatment but avoid the wart (ie cover it up and not go near it) then I think that would be ok for the rest of the treatment, but I feel that I wouldnt want to apply paraffin as they wouldnt be getting their whole hand/foot covered.

Thank you all this has been of great help xxxxx
............just one more thing, heated mitts and blood pressure or circulatory problems, or do they not get that hot.

i agree completely, i would never dip any clients hands or feet in to a paraffin wax bath. I always pour into a bowl first. You wouldn't use the same cuticle nippers on different people without sterilising them in barbecide first, even if their hands are sanitised. So why dip peoples hands in something god knows how many other peoples hands have been in? if that makes sense!:irked:

Latest posts

Back