Paraffin wax - help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlyfaye24

Reaction score
Hi, can you please help, ive just brought a paraffin wax bath which i love but i cant work out the temperatures, it says to put the diital dial to 65 to heat the wax then turn down to 45-55 to cool down a liitle
i did that and even after a couple of hours the wax was too hot still
so i turnt it down a little more and it started to solidify

is thie normal??? thanks

After melting, if the wax is at the correct temperature it should not solidify.

I think you should contact the supplier for clarification.

Can anyone tell me how to do a hot wax treatment on the back, i learned it at college years ago and have never done it since so i've forgotten. I vaguely remember something about making a square with tinfoil around the edges, apply oil first to skin then the wax, is this correct? and also what about safe temperatures and health and safety, aftercare, and how long do you leave it on ?

Thanks

Can anyone tell me how to do a hot wax treatment on the back, i learned it at college years ago and have never done it since so i've forgotten. I vaguely remember something about making a square with tinfoil around the edges, apply oil first to skin then the wax, is this correct? and also what about safe temperatures and health and safety, aftercare, and how long do you leave it on ?

Thanks

Sounds like you'd be better doing a refresher course if you have forgotton so much. Better safe than sorry!

No I havn't forgotten so much just a little about paraffin wax treatments because I hav'nt done it in a while, and needed a little reminder of the routine. I am fully qualified to HND and trained in Elemis and Dermalogica with other accredited courses added on recently, i have also worked in spas and salons for quite a number of years.

Latest posts

Back