Paraffin Wax - re-usable?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Virgobeauty

Reaction score
Hello Girlies,
I've been given a paraffin wax heater and thought it'd be an excellent added extra for manicures but I'm not sure about health & safety, can you re-use the same wax?
Ta x:eek:

HI
I take it that you are asking about reusing the wax after using it once on another client.
If this is what your asking than the anwser is NO WAY ....this is cross contamitnation.

Surley they must have taught you this in collage:eek:...i know we had it drummed into our heads.
Did you cover this treatment in college?
If you haven't make sure you know exactly what you are doing (beter still get extra training)
It's a lovely extra treatment to offer and many of my clients claim to have benfited from it.
Please don't be offended by anything I have said as i'm not 100% sure what you're asking.
hth
:hug:

in college we were always taught to dispense the wax into a bowl and brush it on then dispose of it after

you don't reuse it or dip the clients hand or foot directly into the machine as this can cause cross contamination

I worked in a hair salon for a while doing paraffin wax treats on people having their hair done and after I had finished, I put the used wax in a plastic bag and asked them if they wanted to take it home to use again. I obviously told them how to heat it safely and things.
There is probably people shouting at me now saying big no no :eek: but, just a suggestion!!

I worked in a hair salon for a while doing paraffin wax treats on people having their hair done and after I had finished, I put the used wax in a plastic bag and asked them if they wanted to take it home to use again. I obviously told them how to heat it safely and things.
There is probably people shouting at me now saying big no no :eek: but, just a suggestion!!

Don't you then miss out on repeat business. Plus have the chance of them using it for years! Plus the chance of them burning themselves! you're right a very big no no (but no shouting! :lol:)

Well you have a good sense of thrift, but No I would not give the wax to the clients.

Why would any professional person suggest that a paying client go for DIY AT HOME?

It would be like my doctor giving me an injection and saying, "you can take the syringe home with you and use it again if you want." No no.

No No to re-cycling your wax. One treatment for one client and dispose of it.

Technically there is no cross contamination from dipping the hand or foot because any wax that comes into contact with the body will instantly harden and leave with the hand. Saying that, IIRC some states do not allow the dipping for fear of cross contamination (not the first time they have been wrong!) regardless, brushing or pouring it on does give the client a feeling of better sanitation - so why not pour or brush? :)

As to reusing the wax - that would cause contamination. Furthermore, there would be little gained from doing it as most oils and such will have been absorbed during application.

Regardless, at the end of the day it is a false economy as it costs very little per application. All it does is take one person to go 'ewww, I think Ill pass on dipping my hand in there' and you will have lost more money than you will have saved reusing it.

Hope that makes sense!

Nooooooooooooooo!!!!:grr:

I wan't them back in my salon for repeat treatments. I'm not in business to save money for othes I'm in it to make money for ME!!!

Oh, Ok - slap my wrists!!!! I wont do that again then....thanx for the advice though!!

Oh, Ok - slap my wrists!!!! I wont do that again then....thanx for the advice though!!

Isn't it nice when someone can take a bit of criticism/advice with a bit of humour and learn from it rather than throwing all her toys out of the pram and getting all upset??

Bravo socialbutterfly. Hopefully we all learn something new every day!! :hug:

Nooooooooooooooo!!!!:grr:

I wan't them back in my salon for repeat treatments. I'm not in business to save money for othes I'm in it to make money for ME!!!
If it was effective and safe, I wouldn't particularly see a problem with it - however it wont be effective for a second use and I am not sure how safe it would be to have them nuking it or heating it up in the oven - so I wouldn't advise it on those points.

If it was effective and safe, I wouldn't particularly see a problem with it - however it wont be effective for a second use and I am not sure how safe it would be to have them nuking it or heating it up in the oven - so I wouldn't advise it on those points.

NUKING it :lol:

I Remember when some technician advised her client to warm some acetone before soaking off her own nails and BOOM she blew up her microwave!! Plus the tech did herself out of her fee for doing the job in the salon where it should be done! DUH!! :smack:

Latest posts

Back