Paraffin wax used in candle making?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tranquility UK

Reaction score
Is the paraffin wax we use the same as the paraffin wax used in candle making kits... my daughter wants a candle making kit for her 7th birthday and it is so expensive in kits. I was thinking of getting it all separately and buying the wax from the wholesalers

Then i could kill 2 birds with one stone and get fragranced wax instead of buying the fragrances.

Last edited:
Is the paraffin wax we use the same as the paraffin wax used in candle making kits... my daughter wants a candle making kit for her 7th birthday and it is so expensive in kits. I was thinking of getting it all separately and buying the wax from the wholesalers

Then i could kill 2 birds with one stone and get fragranced wax instead of buying the fragrances.

No it is not the same thing at all.

Try eco soy wax melts in the microwave otherwise you need to buy special equipment for melting the wax, which leads to more costs, try fleabay x

Ahh will try fleabay then, my mum suggessted getting a new insert and using my waxpot to melt the wax but otherwise on the instructions it says to use a bain marie or double boiler, im sure i can find an old saucepan i dont mind her ruining. Thanks geeks x

Latest posts

Back