Paraffin wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolep

Reaction score
Hi all

I have a lady who has decieded to come to me regulary for a parrafin foot and hand dip. No mani or pedi just a quick dip. My question is, do you soak the feet first in some soapy water before dipping ( i have a parrafin bath ) to make sure the feet are nice and clean or can you just spray with a foot spray before dipping?

:green:hi,
i would soak feet first ,then wipe here feet with surgical spirit then do the paraffin wax .good luck.hope this helps.xxxxxx

Last edited:
thank you! will do get do that.

Yes would always soak the feet first to get rid of any debris, and then sanitise them aswell before dipping into the bath, just spraying wont be enough!
xx

Yes would always soak the feet first to get rid of any debris, and then sanitise them aswell before dipping into the bath, just spraying wont be enough!
xx
I agree with Hayls x

I would not want to dip my feet or hands in a pot of wax that other people have dipped theirs in. Instead we were told to scoop out some wax (styrofaom cups work well or a plastic ladel) and pour it into a hand/foot baggie and then put your hand/foot into the baggie and smoosh the wax around, coating it.

I just don't think it's sanitary to have a community dip!!! I know several techs feel the same way about it.

HI. Sorry to bump and old thread up, but I just did a search that brought this thread to my attention.

I just bought a paraffin wax bath, on the understanding that a proper p.w bath is designed to dip the hand/foot directly into as opposed to standard wax heaters which are not.

I note that some of you have commented that you dont think its sanitary to dip a body part directly into the wax, but in my training I was told that it is certainly no less sanitary than using a brush to apply the wax. The reason for this is that the wax which comes into contact with the body part comes out attached to the hand/foot, and therefore no wax which remains in the bath has been in contact with the body. In contrast, by using a brush, the brush does come into contact with the skin and is then dipped back into the p.w, so depending on your view you might say that the brushing technique is actually less sanitary than dipping.

Any thoughs peeps?? I intend to dip the sanitised hand directly into the wax unless anyone has any info that would cause me to reconsider.

I was taught at college to ladle paraffin wax into a separate bowl and then brush on to the clients hand or feet and then dispose of whatever was left in the bowl so the paraffin wax in the bath does not come into contact with the brush or the client.

I was taught at college to ladle paraffin wax into a separate bowl and then brush on to the clients hand or feet and then dispose of whatever was left in the bowl so the paraffin wax in the bath does not come into contact with the brush or the client.

That's the way I was shown too. Just use a bit in a cup to keep the rest clean.
Soak them tootsies and sanitise, don't know where they've been!

HI. Sorry to bump and old thread up, but I just did a search that brought this thread to my attention.

I just bought a paraffin wax bath, on the understanding that a proper p.w bath is designed to dip the hand/foot directly into as opposed to standard wax heaters which are not.

I note that some of you have commented that you dont think its sanitary to dip a body part directly into the wax, but in my training I was told that it is certainly no less sanitary than using a brush to apply the wax. The reason for this is that the wax which comes into contact with the body part comes out attached to the hand/foot, and therefore no wax which remains in the bath has been in contact with the body. In contrast, by using a brush, the brush does come into contact with the skin and is then dipped back into the p.w, so depending on your view you might say that the brushing technique is actually less sanitary than dipping.

Any thoughs peeps?? I intend to dip the sanitised hand directly into the wax unless anyone has any info that would cause me to reconsider.

I agree with you. As long as the hand/foot is clean and sanitized, no reason not to dip. :)

If that's the case then wouldn't you apply the same principle to applying say, manicure products directly to clients hands from containers because they were clean and sanitized? We are tought to take sufficient product from the container onto a palate or sanitized spatula and not to apply straight to client from the pot/container.. getting confused now :irked:

If that's the case then wouldn't you apply the same principle to applying say, manicure products directly to clients hands from containers because they were clean and sanitized? We are tought to take sufficient product from the container onto a palate or sanitized spatula and not to apply straight to client from the pot/container.. getting confused now :irked:

I think 'chelle explained it beautifully.

the original school i went to just dipped their hands/feet into the bath, peeled the wax off and tossed it back in the bath. they couldnt figure out why i was so grossed out. needless to say, i switched schools :eek:

the original school i went to just dipped their hands/feet into the bath, peeled the wax off and tossed it back in the bath. they couldnt figure out why i was so grossed out. needless to say, i switched schools :eek:

That's disgusting. :eek: You NEVER (as you well know) re-use the wax. Good for you for switching schools! :)

I also ladle my paraffin into another bowl and brush on my friend had a paraffin bath and each time she used it it smelt of smelly feet!!!!

Hence why my tootsies never went near it and why I also ladle into separate container and brush on :rolleyes:

I think 'chelle explained it beautifully.

And so she did. I did understand what Chelle was explaining, it just sounds the same as a client taking products directly from pots... sorry, no offence intended.

Oh YUCK :eek:

Latest posts

Back