Parrafin Wax Spray on????? Help Please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SarahPierce

Reaction score
Hello,
Im wanting to offer parrafin wax, but i really dont like the parrafin wax bath as its unhigenic and for mobile, its not beneficial as it will spill all over my car! I like the idea of the spray on parrafin wax. I bought the Hive Hand Held Depilatory machine, and then i bought a mercia parrafin wax cartrdige. The cartridge didnt fit in to the machine as it was too wide. Do i have to use a hive parrafin wax cartridge for it to fit? Or do i have to buy a parrafin wax spray machine?? Can someone help me please?? I really need to sort something out now, as i have people asking for the parrafin wax. It would be easier if i could get a cartridge to fit the machine that i have now but if i have to buy another machine then theres nothing i can do..
Please help :(
xxx

Hi, try either phoning hive to ask if their paraffin wax cartridge will fit or else take your Heater with you to your local wholesalers & ask if you can try for size as the hive spray comes in a pack of 6 & the packaging would'nt be ruined if you took one out to try in your heater. I have the hive 3 chamber heater and both hive wax & paraffin wax fit this. The spray paraffin wax would be perfect for mobile just ensure you use plenty of moisturiser first and protect the imediate surrounding area as the spray is often a fine mist which can spread out a bit. I place the hand/foot in the polythene bag first then spray but ensure you test on yourself first (not being funny) but i find it harder to control as if you let it cool to much in the spray bottle it ont come out sufficiently. HTH:)

The spray paraffin is a total waste of money. They make a huge mess and don't coat the skin well and it's hard to get off of the skin.
A paraffin bath is not unhygenic at all. Take a look at this test done (there have been other studies as well that back up this test) Therabath Paraffin Products | Paraffin Hygiene Information
Of course, this doesn't address the fact that you are using it for mobile...not sure how you can get around that one as I don't work mobile.

Hi, try either phoning hive to ask if their paraffin wax cartridge will fit or else take your Heater with you to your local wholesalers & ask if you can try for size as the hive spray comes in a pack of 6 & the packaging would'nt be ruined if you took one out to try in your heater. I have the hive 3 chamber heater and both hive wax & paraffin wax fit this. The spray paraffin wax would be perfect for mobile just ensure you use plenty of moisturiser first and protect the imediate surrounding area as the spray is often a fine mist which can spread out a bit. I place the hand/foot in the polythene bag first then spray but ensure you test on yourself first (not being funny) but i find it harder to control as if you let it cool to much in the spray bottle it ont come out sufficiently. HTH:)

Why do you put the bags on first and then the paraffin? When i used the paraffin wax bath in the spa i worked, i put the foot in the bath and then put on the bags, as i could slip the bag off and the wax came with it...
The only thing is, the chamber is quite big to carry around, thats why i like the hand held one, as its small and convienent....

xxxx

The spray paraffin is a total waste of money. They make a huge mess and don't coat the skin well and it's hard to get off of the skin.
A paraffin bath is not unhygenic at all. Take a look at this test done (there have been other studies as well that back up this test) Therabath Paraffin Products | Paraffin Hygiene Information
Of course, this doesn't address the fact that you are using it for mobile...not sure how you can get around that one as I don't work mobile.

If you spray loads and loads on one area, then its okay isnt it??
Okay, i agree that it is hygenic now but it is too messy for mobile, as it will spill all over my car and it will take too long to heat up...
Arrrgh i dont know what to do...

xxxxx

If you spray loads and loads on one area, then its okay isnt it??

No, we tried, and it took the entire cartridge and still was a horrible mess.
In theory, they are a great idea, but practically, they don't work at all.

Sorry my description was'nt clear, place the hand/foot loosely in the bag first to contain the overspray so avoiding a mess, liberally coat each foot whilst in the bag (the foot, my hand & the spray cartridge are in the bag) then wrap bag around foot, covering with towel & remove as you already do firstly manipulating the wax & bag to loosen then they come off together.

I have to say i think the spray one's are a complete waste of time!!

After once doing a manicure in a salon i was training in with the parrafin spray system it took me so long as i was trying not to get it everywhere and all of them were half empty was having to tilt and twist everyway possible it was just terrible!

That's a disadvantage of parrafin..i just don't think it's suitable for mobile

but give this a go.

Get a sandwich bag but a fairly strong one if that makes sense fill it with parrafin wax boil your clients kettle place the bag of parrafin wax in a bowl tie the bag loose enough to get undone but tight enough so it won't all come out and place in bowl of boiling water, be carful what type of sandwich bag u use the one's that are cling film like just melt!

Let me know how it goes :)
x

I have to say i think the spray one's are a complete waste of time!!

After once doing a manicure in a salon i was training in with the parrafin spray system it took me so long as i was trying not to get it everywhere and all of them were half empty was having to tilt and twist everyway possible it was just terrible!

That's a disadvantage of parrafin..i just don't think it's suitable for mobile

but give this a go.

Get a sandwich bag but a fairly strong one if that makes sense fill it with parrafin wax boil your clients kettle place the bag of parrafin wax in a bowl tie the bag loose enough to get undone but tight enough so it won't all come out and place in bowl of boiling water, be carful what type of sandwich bag u use the one's that are cling film like just melt!

Let me know how it goes :)
x

Hi..
That sounds really good, i have some paraffin wax pellets so they could be better as they could melt quicker aswell... ill def give that a try at home first and see how it goes.. Thats good advice...thank you
Ill let you know when i try it out xxxx

Sorry my description was'nt clear, place the hand/foot loosely in the bag first to contain the overspray so avoiding a mess, liberally coat each foot whilst in the bag (the foot, my hand & the spray cartridge are in the bag) then wrap bag around foot, covering with towel & remove as you already do firstly manipulating the wax & bag to loosen then they come off together.

Hi...
Ill give this a go too, but i really dont know how to do that, maybe my bags are diferent to yours or something.. I wont be able to place myhand in the bag with their foot aswell..i dont think it would fit but ill give it a go lol
Thanks a lot for your help xxxxx

I have this heater and I use it like this. I heat the paraffin in the heater and I use wax/paraffin bags (sally) to divide the paraffin between the 2 bags, then apply to clients hands or feet (you put their foot/hand into the bag). There is no mess, spillage or damage to the clients carpets or floor. Simply slide off the bags off their hand/foot and the paraffin is contained in the bag and easily deposed off. I also refill in empty containers with paraffin . Hope this helps.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hi Beautification..
I tried the paraffin wax bag method that you told me about. I did it on my self, and when the wax melted, i placed my foot into the bag.... OMG i nearly hit the ceiling lol... it was sooooo friggin hot! It felt as if it burnt me! I did exactly what you told me to, but the wax was just too hot.. I then left it to cool down, it started turning into wax. it was practically a solid, and even then it was still boiling hot....
I really dont know what to do now, as i have paraffin wax on my price list and i cant find any method that works :cry:
Arrrrgh, what am i going to do...
xxxx

Can you not just use the normal parrifin wax bath which normally they have a lid on and first thing in the morning heat it up before you set off - then use a large elastic band or ribbon or something to fasten round the heater to keep the lid on and then make sure its sat on a flat surface in your car, then just check with your client as soon as you get in if they will be wanting any parrifin waxing doing today so you can get it out and plug it in so it can be heating up. Also if they werent going to have it, its a good way of introducing it to each client.

also i have tried the spray cartridges and agree there rubbish use loads to get decent coverage but takes ages to remove (very bitty) - i use a very small dish and decant the wax from the bath to a big bowl lined with a plastic bag. I then test a bit on me if heat is fine i get client to dip hand in couple of times then i cover the hand in tinfoil and mitt, i then repeat on the other hand. For the feet i do the same but hold the foot over the larger bowl and use the little one to pour the wax onto the feet. I also coat the little bowl and big bowl in a light smoothering of oil so the wax that comes into contact can easily be pulled off -- hope this helps

Thermasoft Soyaffin mitts and booties are the way to go .. PERFECT for mobile techs.
Our clients love them and for group bookings they are A MUST..

Unfortunately their site seems to be down at the moment/under construction.
If any one would like the information on these email
[email protected]

11TH October 8.40am-
Have gone to place an order for these recieved an email last night confirming THEY ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE in AUSTRALIA --- hoping they come back fingers crossed These were PERFECT:(

Last edited:
After reading these comments i tried my never used hive paraffin wax spray on myself. I had already planned ahead for the mess by using a4 paper tray covered with plastic carrier bag. I placed home made hand rest inside bag for client comfort(which didn't help me). I made 2 sides using my imagination so i just stand them to the sides of tray. It took roughly 30 mins to melt wax ( i had problems spraying so put cartridge back in heater to make sure it was completely melted ). I sprayed turning my hand giving other side chance to dry and continued this until i couldn't see skin (oh,forgot to mention i used hand treatment cream prior to wax application), at this point i know one cartridge per client. I placed my hand in plastic liner then 10 mins in heated mitt. My hand slipped out of the wax like a glove(which surprised me after some of these comments). I wiped off the very little remaining with paper towel.
To clean up.I scraped my side panels into tray with spatula i wasn't bother about removing all trace off wax because i wouldn't want to go to all that effort each time. I slid carrier bag off tray inside out (all mess in bag) replaced with clean one ready for next use. What i learn't. Some spray ended up on client chair (not good) so now i know i need plastic aprons for both client and myself, although i would be able to hold plastic protecter to protect client whilst i spray.
I also remelted wax from liner poured back into cartridge wrote my name on it to reuse on myself. I'm thinking could i do this for clients (any comments on this would be appreciated).
If i was a mobile i would be looking out for anything that i could use for side panels that are light weight and i know i would think of something. The a4 tray is easy to transport and along with my aprons i'd be off!
Another tip is having more than one cartridge melted just incase you had faulty cartridge. Thought i should share this info with my fellow geeks. Bye for now:smack:

we use the Thermasoft mitts. They would be perfect for a mobile tech.
I haven't herard anything about them being discontinued in Australia-maybe you could try another supplier. I use National Salon Supplies. I know they have Thermasoft still.
I'm sure if you got on their website they would be able to send them to you very reasonably. You don't need a heater or anything, just add water. They are magic

I know this is an old post... I just wanted to put my input in as I am mobile too.

I use the mitts and booties with a foot masque covered with the plastic bags inside the mitts and booties. That way they get the heat, which actually lasts longer, where as the parrafin, as soon as it's hard it's cooled. They also get the moisturizing effects of the masque, and the heat helps with product penetration. I offer a hand massage while they sit with the booties on for 10 minutes, with my 90 minute pedicure. With my 60 minute pedicure I don't offer the booties.

I probably wouldn't try and tote a paraffin bath either as it could make a mess travelling and as mentioned would take a while to heat up. I think if you really want to offer a service like that mobile you should go with a hot oil manicure as that would be a lot more practical yet still enjoyable for the clients.

Oh and I never heard of spray on paraffin machines before. I'll have to check out that link on paraffin baths being unhigenic as I'm interested. Like what if someone had a cut on their finger or foot and dipped in. People could have HIV, etc... When we used it on clients at my school we had to brush the paraffin on, and basically do it fast and get the bags on fast or it would cool.

Hello,
Im wanting to offer parrafin wax, but i really dont like the parrafin wax bath as its unhigenic and for mobile, its not beneficial as it will spill all over my car! I like the idea of the spray on parrafin wax. I bought the Hive Hand Held Depilatory machine, and then i bought a mercia parrafin wax cartrdige. The cartridge didnt fit in to the machine as it was too wide. Do i have to use a hive parrafin wax cartridge for it to fit? Or do i have to buy a parrafin wax spray machine?? Can someone help me please?? I really need to sort something out now, as i have people asking for the parrafin wax. It would be easier if i could get a cartridge to fit the machine that i have now but if i have to buy another machine then theres nothing i can do..
Please help :(
xxx

I have been looking at doing that but you would use so much spray cartirages. so ive got a portable wax heater with two heaters and carry my pot of paraffin wax seperate with the lid and the paint the paraffin wax on and bin it after use on client otherwise some salons i have been in before i trained never change the paraffin wax and its so unhygienic yuk.

thats only if you discard the paraffin wax after yes then its good but in all the salons ive been in they just put the paraffin wax back into the thing yukky

Latest posts

Back